Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 15, 2013
9:47:10 AM
View profile
Unlocked iPhone 5s current unlimited data contrack

All,

With the announcement of the iPhone 5s and my 2 year commitment being fulfiled on my current AT&T plan I would like to know if its possible to continue to be grandfathered into the $30 iPhone unlimted data plan if I purchase an unlocked iPhone 5s?

All,

With the announcement of the iPhone 5s and my 2 year commitment being fulfiled on my current AT&T plan I would like to know if its possible to continue to be grandfathered into the $30 iPhone unlimted data plan if I purchase an unlocked iPhone 5s?

Unlocked iPhone 5s current unlimited data contrack

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 10:04:31 AM
(0)
Expert

hqkross wrote:

All,

theer has been no information published by att indicating the data plan will not carry over. Apple has not announced as of yet if they will be carrying a unlocked version of the Iphone 5S so would wait and see if one is going to be offered

hqkross wrote:

All,

theer has been no information published by att indicating the data plan will not carry over. Apple has not announced as of yet if they will be carrying a unlocked version of the Iphone 5S so would wait and see if one is going to be offered

Re: Unlocked iPhone 5s current unlimited data contrack

2 of 8 (3,598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 12:54:21 PM
(0)
Voyager

Apple has announced an unlocked iPhone 5s just not sure how AT&T is goign to handle this.

from Apple site:

"The unlocked iPhone 5s model is A1533 (GSM). For details on LTE support, see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE."

Apple has announced an unlocked iPhone 5s just not sure how AT&T is goign to handle this.

from Apple site:

"The unlocked iPhone 5s model is A1533 (GSM). For details on LTE support, see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE."

3 of 8 (3,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 1:30:54 PM
(0)
Expert

hqkross wrote:

from Apple site:

as mentioned nothing has been published about any changes to the unlimited plan, it should carry over with no problem. For the unlocked version you need to get it directly from apple and make sure that it is the unlocked version. There is a no contract version and a unlocked version.

Got a link to the text of that, been unable to find it on the Apple site? What it for future reference

hqkross wrote:

from Apple site:

as mentioned nothing has been published about any changes to the unlimited plan, it should carry over with no problem. For the unlocked version you need to get it directly from apple and make sure that it is the unlocked version. There is a no contract version and a unlocked version.

Got a link to the text of that, been unable to find it on the Apple site? What it for future reference

4 of 8 (3,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 9:19:00 PM
(0)
Voyager

Its on the applestore site: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5s pick a color then scroll past the pick a carrier till you see : 

Unlocked and contract-free. nect to a T-Mobile image

Also see this link: http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/about-unlocked

Its on the applestore site: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5s pick a color then scroll past the pick a carrier till you see : 

Unlocked and contract-free. nect to a T-Mobile image

Also see this link: http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/about-unlocked

5 of 8 (3,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 7:46:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

Not sure what you phone you have at the moment, but when you get the iPhone 5S, give AT&T a call to make sure you have the iPhone unlimited data for LTE package (not exactly that name, but something like that).

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

Not sure what you phone you have at the moment, but when you get the iPhone 5S, give AT&T a call to make sure you have the iPhone unlimited data for LTE package (not exactly that name, but something like that).

6 of 8 (3,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 5:57:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is what I was told today by the official AT&T support guy online.

This is what I was told today by the official AT&T support guy online.

7 of 8 (3,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 1:18:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sure hope this stays in effect!

Sure hope this stays in effect!

8 of 8 (2,990 Views)