Unlocked Android phone recommendation?

Tutor

Unlocked Android phone recommendation?

As it appears that my Nexus S won't work in 3G, what would you recommend for an unlocked Android (preferably ICS) phone, that would work in 3G (at least) with AT&T prepaid?

Would Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ work?

The main reason I want unlocked is because I don't want the bloatware that I can't uninstall.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 20 (3,413 Views)
Teacher

Re: Unlocked Android phone recommendation?

I bought it from a private individual. I added the GoPhone Sim Card at an AT&T store. The AT&T Store is now saying yhat the $65 plan that started yesterday will work on the phone, but if I go to them now to activate that plan, I will lose the $50 that I just put on it 3 days ago. I have to wait until Nov 1st to start or lose the $50. But just because one of their agents and their website says it will, I won't be convinced until it's working, because I was told this before by AT&T employees and it didn't work.
Message 16 of 20 (3,025 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

The representatives telling you that $65 plan will cure your problem just sounds like the typical sales talk in order to get more money from you. Smiley Mad Although that is a much better deal than the current $50+$25/1GB plan. However, your current $50 + $5/50MB plan SHOULD be getting 3G data to you phone. Be sure that your Gophone account shows the $5 add-on purchased/subscribed. If it doesn't that could be it. Otherwise, I'm beginning to believe that AT&T somehow has locked that phone from receiving a 3G signal when being used as a Gophone. Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 20 (2,996 Views)
Teacher

Message 18 of 20 (2,905 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

SyberJT wrote:

Just found a thread on this forum which may be of help:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/Using-GoPhone-SIM-on-4G-phones/m-p/2768089/highlight/true#M37669

Forgot to include the usual disclaiimer, "do at your own risk" to keep certian people here happy. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 20 (2,888 Views)
Voyager

I have an unlocked Pantech Pocket but I can't use the internet... it connects fine to the wifi but not internet... Do you know what might be the problem?
Message 20 of 20 (1,125 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.