Helpful Links

Unlocked Android phone recommendation?

Tutor

Unlocked Android phone recommendation?

As it appears that my Nexus S won't work in 3G, what would you recommend for an unlocked Android (preferably ICS) phone, that would work in 3G (at least) with AT&T prepaid?

Would Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ work?

The main reason I want unlocked is because I don't want the bloatware that I can't uninstall.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
Teacher

Re: Unlocked Android phone recommendation?

I bought it from a private individual. I added the GoPhone Sim Card at an AT&T store. The AT&T Store is now saying yhat the $65 plan that started yesterday will work on the phone, but if I go to them now to activate that plan, I will lose the $50 that I just put on it 3 days ago. I have to wait until Nov 1st to start or lose the $50. But just because one of their agents and their website says it will, I won't be convinced until it's working, because I was told this before by AT&T employees and it didn't work.
Message 16 of 20
Highlighted
Teacher

The representatives telling you that $65 plan will cure your problem just sounds like the typical sales talk in order to get more money from you. Smiley Mad Although that is a much better deal than the current $50+$25/1GB plan. However, your current $50 + $5/50MB plan SHOULD be getting 3G data to you phone. Be sure that your Gophone account shows the $5 add-on purchased/subscribed. If it doesn't that could be it. Otherwise, I'm beginning to believe that AT&T somehow has locked that phone from receiving a 3G signal when being used as a Gophone. Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 20
Teacher

Message 18 of 20
Teacher

SyberJT wrote:

Just found a thread on this forum which may be of help:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/Using-GoPhone-SIM-on-4G-phones/m-p/2768089/highlight/true#M37669

Forgot to include the usual disclaiimer, "do at your own risk" to keep certian people here happy. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 20
Voyager

I have an unlocked Pantech Pocket but I can't use the internet... it connects fine to the wifi but not internet... Do you know what might be the problem?
Message 20 of 20
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support