Unlock option for Elevate 4G

Scholar

Unlock option for Elevate 4G

I just bought the Elevate 4G off contract.

I plan to use it abroad when I travel as well as here domestically. I've never had problems getting these things unlocked before, but somehow AT&T is telling I cannot do it.

Is the CSR pulling my leg or what's the deal?

Thanks!

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 1 of 16 (6,476 Views)

Re: Unlock option for Elevate 4G

I too would love to know if this is somehow available for use outside the US, specifically in Panama. Does anyone know if it is possible and how?
Message 2 of 16 (6,273 Views)

Anyone?

Message 3 of 16 (6,267 Views)

How am I the only person in the world to need this feature?

Message 4 of 16 (6,251 Views)
Employee

That's our new modelif I remember correctly, might have to wait 10 months after release to do so
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 16 (6,247 Views)

JFizDaWiz wrote:
That's our new modelif I remember correctly, might have to wait 10 months after release to do so

So you are saying AT&T will unlock as long as it has been 10 months since release?

What are the chances of unlocking within the next few weeks (perhaps after the holidays)?

Message 6 of 16 (6,230 Views)
Employee

Don't know how long ago it was released so can't say. That is even if we unlock that device
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 16 (6,205 Views)

[ Edited ]

JFizDaWiz wrote:
Don't know how long ago it was released so can't say. That is even if we unlock that device

Since you are an AT&T employee, is there any possible way at all for you to find out if AT&T offers unlocking of the Elevate 4G? Please? Smiley Happy And a huge thank you if you can! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16 (6,196 Views)
Teacher

Saw where the elevate 4g is being sold on amazon unlocked for $179.00 Was wondering if I could buy online then get the data plan from AT&T ?
Message 9 of 16 (6,154 Views)
Scholar

I never got a reply on this.

I know these devices can be unlocked. Not the traditional way since it does not have an input device (keypad). Requires using console to send commands.

However AT&T won't even accept my IMEI as a valid one.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 10 of 16 (5,769 Views)
Contributor

Has anyone found a solution for this>? i also need to use the device overseas with a local SIM

thanks

Message 11 of 16 (4,780 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Acer Aspire One 4G LTE from AT&T on the 5GB a month plan.  I saw the unlocked AT&T Elevate 4G LTE on Amazons, purchased it and put the SIM card from the Acer Aspire One it it and it worked with 4G LTE light on. 

Just to play I put same SIM in my HTC Jetstream and it worked, but only at 4G, not 4G LTE.  Put SIM back in Elevate 4G LTE, but it then only worked at 4G, not 4G LTE.

As last resort called AT&T Tech Support, told them the problem I caused.  The AT&T Tech reset my 5GB data plan to use the Elevate 4G LTE.  Now works at true 4G LTE speed.  Great job by AT&T Tech Support!

Message 12 of 16 (4,673 Views)
Teacher

well it's been over 10 months. Are unlock codes available or not?

Message 13 of 16 (3,151 Views)
Expert

treii28 wrote:

well it's been over 10 months. Are unlock codes available or not?

1. Get the IMEI number.

2. Contact AT&T at 800-331-0500 and ask, if they give you one it is available, if not then no.

Message 14 of 16 (3,139 Views)
Teacher

1. Get the IMEI number.

2. Contact AT&T at 800-331-0500 and ask, if they give you one it is available, if not then no.

OK, typical for the 'usefulness' of answers in this forum. I appreciate the response, but upon calling that number, I was told in rather unambiguous terms that they NEVER give out unlock codes via that telephone number.

Message 15 of 16 (2,934 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.