Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 31, 2011
8:14:10 PM
View profile
Unlock option for Elevate 4G

I just bought the Elevate 4G off contract.

I plan to use it abroad when I travel as well as here domestically. I've never had problems getting these things unlocked before, but somehow AT&T is telling I cannot do it.

Is the CSR pulling my leg or what's the deal?

Thanks!

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

I just bought the Elevate 4G off contract.

I plan to use it abroad when I travel as well as here domestically. I've never had problems getting these things unlocked before, but somehow AT&T is telling I cannot do it.

Is the CSR pulling my leg or what's the deal?

Thanks!

Unlock option for Elevate 4G

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 2:20:14 PM
(0)
Tutor
I too would love to know if this is somehow available for use outside the US, specifically in Panama. Does anyone know if it is possible and how?
I too would love to know if this is somehow available for use outside the US, specifically in Panama. Does anyone know if it is possible and how?

Re: Unlock option for Elevate 4G

2 of 16 (6,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 11:17:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

Anyone?

Anyone?

3 of 16 (6,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2011 10:38:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

How am I the only person in the world to need this feature?

How am I the only person in the world to need this feature?

4 of 16 (6,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2011 9:47:04 PM
(0)
Employee
That's our new modelif I remember correctly, might have to wait 10 months after release to do so
That's our new modelif I remember correctly, might have to wait 10 months after release to do so
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 16 (6,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2011 11:00:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

JFizDaWiz wrote:

So you are saying AT&T will unlock as long as it has been 10 months since release?

What are the chances of unlocking within the next few weeks (perhaps after the holidays)?

JFizDaWiz wrote:

So you are saying AT&T will unlock as long as it has been 10 months since release?

What are the chances of unlocking within the next few weeks (perhaps after the holidays)?

6 of 16 (6,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 1:32:36 AM
(0)
Employee
Don't know how long ago it was released so can't say. That is even if we unlock that device
Don't know how long ago it was released so can't say. That is even if we unlock that device
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 16 (6,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 4:23:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by JohnnyRockets911 on Dec 23, 2011 at 4:24:18 PM

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Since you are an AT&T employee, is there any possible way at all for you to find out if AT&T offers unlocking of the Elevate 4G? Please? Smiley Happy And a huge thank you if you can! Smiley Happy

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Since you are an AT&T employee, is there any possible way at all for you to find out if AT&T offers unlocking of the Elevate 4G? Please? Smiley Happy And a huge thank you if you can! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
8 of 16 (6,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2011 4:18:45 PM
(0)
Teacher
Saw where the elevate 4g is being sold on amazon unlocked for $179.00 Was wondering if I could buy online then get the data plan from AT&T ?
Saw where the elevate 4g is being sold on amazon unlocked for $179.00 Was wondering if I could buy online then get the data plan from AT&T ?

9 of 16 (5,976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2012 4:52:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

I never got a reply on this.

I know these devices can be unlocked. Not the traditional way since it does not have an input device (keypad). Requires using console to send commands.

However AT&T won't even accept my IMEI as a valid one.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

I never got a reply on this.

I know these devices can be unlocked. Not the traditional way since it does not have an input device (keypad). Requires using console to send commands.

However AT&T won't even accept my IMEI as a valid one.

10 of 16 (5,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 6:09:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

Has anyone found a solution for this>? i also need to use the device overseas with a local SIM

thanks

Has anyone found a solution for this>? i also need to use the device overseas with a local SIM

thanks

11 of 16 (4,602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2012 8:47:27 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by HiCap on Dec 15, 2012 at 8:50:37 AM

I purchased a Acer Aspire One 4G LTE from AT&T on the 5GB a month plan.  I saw the unlocked AT&T Elevate 4G LTE on Amazons, purchased it and put the SIM card from the Acer Aspire One it it and it worked with 4G LTE light on. 

Just to play I put same SIM in my HTC Jetstream and it worked, but only at 4G, not 4G LTE.  Put SIM back in Elevate 4G LTE, but it then only worked at 4G, not 4G LTE.

As last resort called AT&T Tech Support, told them the problem I caused.  The AT&T Tech reset my 5GB data plan to use the Elevate 4G LTE.  Now works at true 4G LTE speed.  Great job by AT&T Tech Support!

I purchased a Acer Aspire One 4G LTE from AT&T on the 5GB a month plan.  I saw the unlocked AT&T Elevate 4G LTE on Amazons, purchased it and put the SIM card from the Acer Aspire One it it and it worked with 4G LTE light on. 

Just to play I put same SIM in my HTC Jetstream and it worked, but only at 4G, not 4G LTE.  Put SIM back in Elevate 4G LTE, but it then only worked at 4G, not 4G LTE.

As last resort called AT&T Tech Support, told them the problem I caused.  The AT&T Tech reset my 5GB data plan to use the Elevate 4G LTE.  Now works at true 4G LTE speed.  Great job by AT&T Tech Support!

[ Edited ]
12 of 16 (4,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 8:47:29 AM
(0)
Teacher

well it's been over 10 months. Are unlock codes available or not?

13 of 16 (2,973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 9:27:31 AM
(0)
Expert

treii28 wrote:

1. Get the IMEI number.

2. Contact AT&T at 800-331-0500 and ask, if they give you one it is available, if not then no.

treii28 wrote:

1. Get the IMEI number.

2. Contact AT&T at 800-331-0500 and ask, if they give you one it is available, if not then no.

14 of 16 (2,961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 10:13:22 AM
(0)
Teacher

1. Get the IMEI number.

2. Contact AT&T at 800-331-0500 and ask, if they give you one it is available, if not then no.

OK, typical for the 'usefulness' of answers in this forum. I appreciate the response, but upon calling that number, I was told in rather unambiguous terms that they NEVER give out unlock codes via that telephone number.

1. Get the IMEI number.

2. Contact AT&T at 800-331-0500 and ask, if they give you one it is available, if not then no.

OK, typical for the 'usefulness' of answers in this forum. I appreciate the response, but upon calling that number, I was told in rather unambiguous terms that they NEVER give out unlock codes via that telephone number.

15 of 16 (2,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 2:06:03 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:09:17 PM

treii28 wrote:

1. Get the IMEI number.

funny, worked before, just not for a iphone

this might work for you

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

the one I use to unlock the iphones

treii28 wrote:

1. Get the IMEI number.

funny, worked before, just not for a iphone

this might work for you

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

the one I use to unlock the iphones

[ Edited ]
16 of 16 (2,735 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments