Posted Dec 5, 2013
5:37:48 PM
Unlock for use in other countries

I bought a moto x with no contract and now i´m in Brazil, so how can i use the phone here?

the at&t network does not work here, so i need to try a local carrier but my phone (i paied full price) is lock

for others carriers sim cards.

I know that at&t policies for unlock phones says that i need to wait for 6 months to unlock this device, but the at&t network does not works in this country.

In this case can at&t unlock the phone for me?

I bought this phone in august /2013 i will need to wait until february /2014 to use a phone that i payed full price?

It´s not unfair??

I bought a moto x with no contract and now i´m in Brazil, so how can i use the phone here?

the at&t network does not work here, so i need to try a local carrier but my phone (i paied full price) is lock

I know that at&t policies for unlock phones says that i need to wait for 6 months to unlock this device, but the at&t network does not works in this country.

I bought this phone in august /2013 i will need to wait until february /2014 to use a phone that i payed full price?

It´s not unfair??

Unlock for use in other countries

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 8:40:43 AM
(0)
Expert

alanseleme wrote:

It´s not unfair??

you are required to be a current or previous customer of att to unlock the phone. If you meet the requirements you can submit a unlock request here

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

alanseleme wrote:

It´s not unfair??

you are required to be a current or previous customer of att to unlock the phone. If you meet the requirements you can submit a unlock request here

Re: Unlock for use in other countries

2 of 14 (638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 1:26:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

you had not correctly understood my question.

3 of 14 (627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 2:36:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You should have purchased an unlocked version if you wanted to use it outside the US.
AT&T does not unlock new phones until a certain amount of time has passed.
If you are not eligible for the phone to be unlocked, it will not be unlocked and there is nothing that anyone here can do about it.
You should have purchased an unlocked version if you wanted to use it outside the US.
AT&T does not unlock new phones until a certain amount of time has passed.
If you are not eligible for the phone to be unlocked, it will not be unlocked and there is nothing that anyone here can do about it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 14 (619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 4:13:48 PM
(0)
Expert

alanseleme wrote:

understood it perfectly, you purchased a no-contract ATT locked phone, att policy is not to unlock any device if the person requesting it is not a current or past account holder, you did not state if you had the phone under a service plan and have account information. Follow the link I posted and fill in the form with the required information, if the phone is eligible for unlock you will get a email with the unlock code, as mentioned there is a delay period if the phone is recently released or exclusive to the carrier. The delay perio can be up to a year

alanseleme wrote:

understood it perfectly, you purchased a no-contract ATT locked phone, att policy is not to unlock any device if the person requesting it is not a current or past account holder, you did not state if you had the phone under a service plan and have account information. Follow the link I posted and fill in the form with the required information, if the phone is eligible for unlock you will get a email with the unlock code, as mentioned there is a delay period if the phone is recently released or exclusive to the carrier. The delay perio can be up to a year

5 of 14 (612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 6:44:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

this policies are not fair
I payed entire price so the phone is my and not at&t´s
You americans does not fight for your rights?

6 of 14 (570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 10:01:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you paid full price for the phone, then you should have purchased an unlocked version, not one that is locked to AT&T.
If you paid full unsubsidized price for the phone and purchased it directly from AT&T, you will need to show AT&T the receipt for full price payment, from an authorized dealer, and they MAY unlock it. AT&T reserves the right to not unlock new phones for a set period.
If you had no plans on using the phone on the AT&T network, you never should have purchased the one locked to AT&T.
If you paid full price for the phone, then you should have purchased an unlocked version, not one that is locked to AT&T.
If you paid full unsubsidized price for the phone and purchased it directly from AT&T, you will need to show AT&T the receipt for full price payment, from an authorized dealer, and they MAY unlock it. AT&T reserves the right to not unlock new phones for a set period.
If you had no plans on using the phone on the AT&T network, you never should have purchased the one locked to AT&T.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 14 (553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 10:38:56 AM
(0)
Expert

alanseleme wrote:

we fight for our rights, but a phone unlock is not a right. You tried to get the phone cheaper then you could in your country because of the weak exchange rates favoring other currencies, problem is you did not do the research

alanseleme wrote:

we fight for our rights, but a phone unlock is not a right. You tried to get the phone cheaper then you could in your country because of the weak exchange rates favoring other currencies, problem is you did not do the research

8 of 14 (549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 4:20:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

i buy a full price and use in at&t network

i want to use in brazil to

i dont understand this comments...

9 of 14 (529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 4:29:36 PM
(0)
Expert

alanseleme wrote:

att will not unlock any device unless you are a current or previous customer of att and the device was attached to the account. That is their policy. There is no requirement in the US for any US based carrier to unlock any device.

If you have an ATT wireless account with that device attached to it, then go to this link and fill out the requested information.

alanseleme wrote:

att will not unlock any device unless you are a current or previous customer of att and the device was attached to the account. That is their policy. There is no requirement in the US for any US based carrier to unlock any device.

If you have an ATT wireless account with that device attached to it, then go to this link and fill out the requested information.

10 of 14 (525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 6:43:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

i need to wait for 2 more months... you work for att?

i need to wait for 2 more months... you work for att?

11 of 14 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 6:50:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

i will buy another phone here in brazil and never more i will do anything with att...

its so unfair and you guys have the corage to defend.... feeling sad for you...

i will buy another phone here in brazil and never more i will do anything with att...

its so unfair and you guys have the corage to defend.... feeling sad for you...

12 of 14 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 6:54:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

and i bought the phone in  us because i was living in there, not because was cheaper ... and the seller (att employee) told that i could use the phone with others carriers... 

and i bought the phone in  us because i was living in there, not because was cheaper ... and the seller (att employee) told that i could use the phone with others carriers... 

13 of 14 (514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 8:04:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
No, I don't work for AT&T. I am just a forum junkie and try to help anyone here that I can with the proper answers. I can't help what AT&T's policies are, I can only tell you what they are. I have to live with them too.
AT&T does not sell unlocked phones. Whoever told you that was misinformed. Sometimes AT&T will unlock phones that are not subsidized but not usually newly released phones.
No, I don't work for AT&T. I am just a forum junkie and try to help anyone here that I can with the proper answers. I can't help what AT&T's policies are, I can only tell you what they are. I have to live with them too.
AT&T does not sell unlocked phones. Whoever told you that was misinformed. Sometimes AT&T will unlock phones that are not subsidized but not usually newly released phones.

14 of 14 (498 Views)