Unlock ZTE Z221 : AT&T gave me 8 digit unlock code, but phone requires 16 digit unlock code

Unlock ZTE Z221 : AT&T gave me 8 digit unlock code, but phone requires 16 digit unlock code

Hi ,

I have been trying to unlock my AT&T Go phone since last week. I am no longer with AT&T, but since new policy change last Decemeber 2013 regarding unlocking Go phones, I applied online at http://www.att.com/deviceunlock/‎ to get unlock code.

I got approved for unlock. The unlock code received  from AT%T is 8 diigit, but my ZTE Z221 phone requires 16 digit unlock code. I have 3 more tries left. I am using a Non-AT&T SIM Card in the phone. But even without SIM or using AT&T SIM, it wants 16 digit unlock code.

Can anyone help how to resolve this. Calling AT&T customer care or going to local AT&T store did not help. Store guys are ignorant/unaware of the change in policy and they know about  unlocking AT&T Gophone

is anyone aware of this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Following is what I received.

############################################

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device.

We have reviewed your request and confirmed that the device may be unlocked.

Please allow 24 hours upon receipt of this notification to complete the unlock process.

Your Unlock Code is :xxxxxxxx

############################################

Message 1 of 3 (2,882 Views)
Expert

Re: Unlock ZTE Z221 : AT&T gave me 8 digit unlock code, but phone requires 16 digit unlock code

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 2 of 3 (2,879 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Unlock ZTE Z221 : AT&T gave me 8 digit unlock code, but phone requires 16 digit unlock code

All,

I resubmitted my unlock request again at ATT's website and they emailed me a new 16 digit unlock code.

With this 16 digit unlocak code, I was able to unlock.

Message 3 of 3 (2,764 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.