Unlock IPhone 3G need Help

MK6
Tutor

Unlock IPhone 3G need Help

Hello Guys,

I got a big problem.A few years ago I bought a pre-owned Iphone 3G 8GB with a ATT lock in SC without any Bill only the Iphone.At now or i can a long time ago i want to use my Phone in Germany but with a lock is not possible.Ok i send a fax to ATT and that happends.My Phone is not stolen or something else.I don't understand why I can Unlock my Phone

Here is my Email.Can someone help me ? I want really only to unlock my phone.ATT can ask the first owner !!!

Request number: 2822581

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.
We are unable to complete your request at this time due to the following reason:

• Faxed documentation is ineligible or not received.

You may also check the status of your unlock request by clicking the link for AT&T's Device Unlock Status Portal.

Sincerely,

The AT&T Customer Care Team

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted.

Message 1 of 6 (1,889 Views)
Expert

Re: Unlock IPhone 3G need Help

MK6 wrote:

Hello Guys,

I got a big problem.A few years ago I bought a pre-owned Iphone 3G 8GB with a ATT lock in SC without any Bill only the Iphone.At now or i can a long time ago i want to use my Phone in Germany but with a lock is not possible.Ok i send a fax to ATT and that happends.My Phone is not stolen or something else.I don't understand why I can Unlock my Phone

Here is my Email.Can someone help me ? I want really only to unlock my phone.ATT can ask the first owner !!!

Request number: 2822581

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.
We are unable to complete your request at this time due to the following reason:

• Faxed documentation is ineligible or not received.

You may also check the status of your unlock request by clicking the link for AT&T's Device Unlock Status Portal.

Sincerely,

The AT&T Customer Care Team

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted.

the requirement for a iphone unlock is stringent

1. you completed a 2 year contract with att with the iphone you want to unlock on it

or

2. you decided to cancel the contract, pay the etf and more to another carrier

or

3. you paid full retail price for the iphone from a authorized dealer.

Since you bought the phone second hand att will not unlock the device

Message 2 of 6 (1,887 Views)
MK6
Tutor

Ok Thanks.That means this Phone is nothing else as a Trash ? I dont understand why ATT is so.I do not buy anymore a Phone withn an ATT Branding.For me is this really bad. It's only to unlock a PHONE. They had only give a Ok.... but ok i am not any more a customer. I had a ATT Prepaid Card but i lost the Pin code of then and I Blocked the SIM Card because to many false trys

Message 3 of 6 (1,880 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Up until a year or so ago, AT&T wouldn't unlock a phone under any circumstances, so they have at least made a small step.
Message 4 of 6 (1,812 Views)
MK6
Tutor

Ok thanks a lot.
Message 5 of 6 (1,792 Views)
MK6
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I have a question again. I have a old preipaid sim card of ATT. i Think it's older than two years. But i lost my Pin and Puk Code. What should i do ??? I have only the ICCID,UPC and SKU number.

Message 6 of 6 (1,311 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.