Ask a question

    Reply
    Posted Sep 1, 2013
    6:16:19 PM
    View profile
    Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    Will unlimited data be available for the iPhone 5S?

    Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    14,795 views
    17 replies
    (1) Me too
    (1) Me too
    Post reply
    View all replies
    (17)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 1, 2013 6:31:38 PM
    0
    (0)
    Expert

    trundle wrote:

    Will unlimited data be available for the iPhone 5S?


    short answer no, long answer - if you do not already have the unlimited data for smartphone plan that costed 30.00 before it was discontunued then you won't have it available for the Iphone 5S

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    2 of 18 (14,758 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 1, 2013 6:33:16 PM
    0
    (0)
    Professor

     If you don't already have unlimited data because you had it and were grandfathered in, you won't get it.  If the question is whether AT&T will let you keep unlimited data, no one knows until they announce, and I doubt they will announce anything until Apple announces the existence of the next iPhone.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    3 of 18 (14,756 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 1, 2013 7:49:59 PM
    0
    (0)
    Voyager

    I have a Gradfathered Unlimited Data Plan and was just wondering if it will carry forward to the new iPhone 5S that will be announced on the 10th and on sale the 20th...

    Any clues?

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    4 of 18 (14,717 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 1, 2013 8:35:47 PM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    If you have the unlimited data plan already, then yes, you should be able to use it with the iPhone 5S or whatever Apple decides to call it. Smiley Tongue Just make sure to ask the Att representative that you wish to keep the plan
    ~Sunshine :)
    - Sunshine :)
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    5 of 18 (14,704 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 2, 2013 5:32:23 AM
    0
    (0)
    Professor

    Who knows?  They may say if you want a 5S (or whatever it's called) at a subsidized price, you have to swap to a tiered plan.  They could do that as easily as just keeping the grandfathered plans.  Until they announce, no one knows.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    6 of 18 (14,637 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 2, 2013 10:17:45 AM
    0
    (0)
    Expert

    dwill05 wrote:

    Who knows?  They may say if you want a 5S (or whatever it's called) at a subsidized price, you have to swap to a tiered plan.  They could do that as easily as just keeping the grandfathered plans.  Until they announce, no one knows.


    which is what verizon did to force tge end of their discontinued unlimited data plan

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    7 of 18 (14,598 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 2, 2013 6:54:15 PM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Master

    Its all a big guess till it is announced and supposedly we will know more September 10th.

    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    8 of 18 (14,564 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 2, 2013 7:08:07 PM
    0
    (0)
    Expert

    oz_1 wrote:

    Its all a big guess till it is announced and supposedly we will know more September 10th.


    which would be a good time for att to annouce the sunset of heir unlimited plans. same as verizon did

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    9 of 18 (14,562 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 3, 2013 7:28:49 PM
    0
    (0)
    Professor

    dwill05 wrote:

     If you don't already have unlimited data because you had it and were grandfathered in, you won't get it.  If the question is whether AT&T will let you keep unlimited data, no one knows until they announce, and I doubt they will announce anything until Apple announces the existence of the next iPhone.


    i agree. if you have unlimited data and its grandfathered in it will carry over to the Iphoone 5s. my unlimited was crarried over to my iphone 5.

    hello!!!

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    10 of 18 (14,434 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2013 7:39:43 PM
    0
    (0)
    Mentor

    I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

     

    The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    11 of 18 (14,003 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 11, 2013 2:02:24 AM
    0
    (0)
    Professor

    Morac wrote:

    I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

     

    The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?


    I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    12 of 18 (13,877 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 11, 2013 4:38:03 AM
    0
    (0)
    Employee

    dwill05 wrote:

    Morac wrote:

    I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

     

    The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?


    I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.


    Same here when I upgraded from a 4 to a 5. Just make sure you select to keep your existing data plan when you place the order. 

    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    13 of 18 (13,844 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 11, 2013 4:40:31 AM
    0
    (0)
    Mentor

    sandblaster wrote:

    dwill05 wrote:

    Morac wrote:

    I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

     

    The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?


    I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.


    Same here when I upgraded from a 4 to a 5. Just make sure you select to keep your existing data plan when you place the order. 


     

    Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    14 of 18 (13,840 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 11, 2013 5:03:40 AM
    0
    (0)
    Employee

    Morac wrote:

    sandblaster wrote:

    dwill05 wrote:

    Morac wrote:

    I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

     

    The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?


    I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.


    Same here when I upgraded from a 4 to a 5. Just make sure you select to keep your existing data plan when you place the order. 


     

    Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?


    AT&T's but ordering thru Apple should have the same option to keep existing plan. 

    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    15 of 18 (13,826 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 11, 2013 7:17:59 AM
    0
    (0)
    Professor

    Morac wrote:

    sandblaster wrote:

    dwill05 wrote:

    Morac wrote:

    I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

     

    The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?


    I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.


    Same here when I upgraded from a 4 to a 5. Just make sure you select to keep your existing data plan when you place the order. 


     

    Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?


    Mine was through Apple.  There is little difference between ordering online Apple vs AT&T (except maybe for business or Premier customers with a discount).  Apple simply connects to the AT&T servers and should present the same options you have when ordering online from AT&T.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    16 of 18 (13,753 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 11, 2013 5:04:34 PM
    0
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

    sandblaster wrote:

    Morac wrote:

    ... 

    Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?


    AT&T's but ordering thru Apple should have the same option to keep existing plan. 


    When we upgraded my wife's iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5, we walked into our local APple store and made the upgrade.  She still has her unlimited data plan too.


    Jerry B.
    "GeekBoy"

    --

    For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

    Jerry B.
    "GeekBoy"

    --

    For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    17 of 18 (13,598 Views)
    0
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 5:25:11 AM
    0
    (0)
    Tutor

    I have the original unlmited data also and hopefully It will transfer when I upgrade to the 5S, but you never know with AT &T!!

    Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

    18 of 18 (13,448 Views)
    Share this post
    Share this post