Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

Voyager

Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

Will unlimited data be available for the iPhone 5S?

Message 1 of 18 (15,295 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

Morac wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

Morac wrote:

I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?

I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.

Same here when I upgraded from a 4 to a 5. Just make sure you select to keep your existing data plan when you place the order. 

Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?

Mine was through Apple.  There is little difference between ordering online Apple vs AT&T (except maybe for business or Premier customers with a discount).  Apple simply connects to the AT&T servers and should present the same options you have when ordering online from AT&T.

Message 16 of 18 (14,246 Views)
ACE - Master

sandblaster wrote:

Morac wrote:

Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?

AT&T's but ordering thru Apple should have the same option to keep existing plan. 

When we upgraded my wife's iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5, we walked into our local APple store and made the upgrade.  She still has her unlimited data plan too.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 18 (14,091 Views)
Tutor

I have the original unlmited data also and hopefully It will transfer when I upgrade to the 5S, but you never know with AT &T!!

Message 18 of 18 (13,941 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.