Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

Voyager

Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

Will unlimited data be available for the iPhone 5S?

Message 1 of 18
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Unlimited data for iPhone 5S

Morac wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

Morac wrote:

I have unlimited data on my iPhone 4S and plan to upgrade to a 5S.  I know the current policy says I can keep my data plan, but my question is how to I upgrade and keep the plan since it's a switch from a 3G plan to a 4G plan?

The only info I've found on this is a year old Gizmodo article which states this can only be done in a brick and mortar AT&T store.  I'd rather not go to the store if possible.  Can this still not be done when ordering online?

I went from a 4S to a 5 ordering online and never went into a store.  They automatically changed my existing data plan to the corresponding LTE version.

Same here when I upgraded from a 4 to a 5. Just make sure you select to keep your existing data plan when you place the order. 

Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?

Mine was through Apple.  There is little difference between ordering online Apple vs AT&T (except maybe for business or Premier customers with a discount).  Apple simply connects to the AT&T servers and should present the same options you have when ordering online from AT&T.

Message 16 of 18
ACE - Master

sandblaster wrote:

Morac wrote:

Was this AT&T's web site or Apple's?

AT&T's but ordering thru Apple should have the same option to keep existing plan. 

When we upgraded my wife's iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5, we walked into our local APple store and made the upgrade.  She still has her unlimited data plan too.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 18
Tutor

I have the original unlmited data also and hopefully It will transfer when I upgrade to the 5S, but you never know with AT &T!!

Message 18 of 18
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support