Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
11:07:22 PM
View profile
Unfair release of 5s has me irritated,

I am seeing many people on this forum say that they were "let onto the ordering site early" by as much as 15-20 minutes last night! The release was supposed to be at exactly 12:01am. So it really ticks me off that these people who somehow got to order 15-20 minutes BEFORE midnight (when they should not have been able or allowed to do so) will be getting their phones right away, while people like me, who ordered immediately after the 12:01 release time, are having to wait possibly an entire MONTH to receive the phone we ordered. 

That at is absolutely unfair. If the phone wasn't supposed to be released until 12:01, then why are these early orders even being filled? That's like the store selling the product before they are even authorized to do so.  Smiley Frustrated

I am seeing many people on this forum say that they were "let onto the ordering site early" by as much as 15-20 minutes last night! The release was supposed to be at exactly 12:01am. So it really ticks me off that these people who somehow got to order 15-20 minutes BEFORE midnight (when they should not have been able or allowed to do so) will be getting their phones right away, while people like me, who ordered immediately after the 12:01 release time, are having to wait possibly an entire MONTH to receive the phone we ordered. 

That at is absolutely unfair. If the phone wasn't supposed to be released until 12:01, then why are these early orders even being filled? That's like the store selling the product before they are even authorized to do so.  Smiley Frustrated

Unfair release of 5s has me irritated,

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 11:15:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Ahh there is some confusion here. You see, the iPhone 5S went on sale at 3:01AM Eastern Time, which is the same as 12:01AM PST or 2:01AM CST.

So when people say I ordered mine at 2:55AM or earlier, they meant in their time zone, not Apple's. Smiley Wink

Hope that helps!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Ahh there is some confusion here. You see, the iPhone 5S went on sale at 3:01AM Eastern Time, which is the same as 12:01AM PST or 2:01AM CST.

So when people say I ordered mine at 2:55AM or earlier, they meant in their time zone, not Apple's. Smiley Wink

Hope that helps!
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Unfair release of 5s has me irritated,

2 of 13 (1,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:48:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

I wouldn't get upset. I ordered at roughly 3:20am ET, and the phone just shipped out. I think the gold iPhone is the only one where you might see a big delay due to overall supply, but the other colors should be shipped sooner.

I wouldn't get upset. I ordered at roughly 3:20am ET, and the phone just shipped out. I think the gold iPhone is the only one where you might see a big delay due to overall supply, but the other colors should be shipped sooner.

3 of 13 (1,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 4:27:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

If you ordered as early as you say you did, then you shouldnt be worrying.  You will get your phone early to mid next week, unless its a gold one you ordered then that might be different and it wouldnt have mattered when you ordered anyway, becasue they are in very short supply. 

If you ordered as early as you say you did, then you shouldnt be worrying.  You will get your phone early to mid next week, unless its a gold one you ordered then that might be different and it wouldnt have mattered when you ordered anyway, becasue they are in very short supply. 

4 of 13 (1,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 5:35:56 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Evandela wrote:

Hope that helps!

Several people in the 5s order thread are claiming they placed their order at 2:55EST. 

Evandela wrote:

Hope that helps!

Several people in the 5s order thread are claiming they placed their order at 2:55EST. 

5 of 13 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 5:50:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I can't possibly imagine carriers releasing Apple devices before Apple themselves? I would think its a simultaneous thing 0.0..
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
I can't possibly imagine carriers releasing Apple devices before Apple themselves? I would think its a simultaneous thing 0.0..
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 13 (1,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 8:47:05 AM
(0)
Tutor
Not true. I ordered at 2:08 am for a silver and mine won't ship until 10/21-10/30
Not true. I ordered at 2:08 am for a silver and mine won't ship until 10/21-10/30

7 of 13 (929 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 8:59:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

I ordered mine at 2:55 AM EST, a whole 5 mins before the official release...and I have my confirmation e-mail date stamped with that time and date, so I don't know why it was released early, but as of Monday at 3PM, I will have my brand new Silver Iphone 5S 32gb.

I ordered mine at 2:55 AM EST, a whole 5 mins before the official release...and I have my confirmation e-mail date stamped with that time and date, so I don't know why it was released early, but as of Monday at 3PM, I will have my brand new Silver Iphone 5S 32gb.

8 of 13 (919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 9:10:24 AM
(0)
Expert

whitewolf440 wrote:

central time zone

whitewolf440 wrote:

central time zone

9 of 13 (911 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 11:06:01 AM
(0)
Teacher

whitewolf, mine said that as well, then it changed have you looked it up via the status update link?  I ordered well after you, around 7am est and mine shipped out today, yours will ship out very soon I am sure.  Most everyone who ordered yesterday has now been shipped out.  Dont look at the estimated date, it is just that a date they have to put in, it bears no meaning to when it will really ship.

whitewolf, mine said that as well, then it changed have you looked it up via the status update link?  I ordered well after you, around 7am est and mine shipped out today, yours will ship out very soon I am sure.  Most everyone who ordered yesterday has now been shipped out.  Dont look at the estimated date, it is just that a date they have to put in, it bears no meaning to when it will really ship.

10 of 13 (821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:04:48 PM
(0)
Guru
Did people irder from apple or AT&T's website?
Did people irder from apple or AT&T's website?

11 of 13 (736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:05:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ordered through AT&T.

I ordered through AT&T.

12 of 13 (732 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 2:55:39 AM
(0)
Mentor
My ATT Reps were taking pre-orders down before 9-20-2013. Come to find out they were just accepting forms for pre-orders. I got a call on Friday telling me that all preorders are going to be backed up for a month now. Well no DUH. On top of that, they didn't write the full address and now my phone is being shipped to an incomplete address unless I cancel my order and start from scratch. How about them apples.
My ATT Reps were taking pre-orders down before 9-20-2013. Come to find out they were just accepting forms for pre-orders. I got a call on Friday telling me that all preorders are going to be backed up for a month now. Well no DUH. On top of that, they didn't write the full address and now my phone is being shipped to an incomplete address unless I cancel my order and start from scratch. How about them apples.

13 of 13 (599 Views)