Unethical

Unethical

[ Edited ]

So I walk in to an ATT store and inquire about upgrading. Joel, the sales person provides me with options. So far so good. But then I realize that with the new Mobile share plan my monthly bill would increase. Particular concern with having to pay $50 for 2gb of data when in pay $25.00. OUTRAGEOUS.

Anyhow, as I express my concern Joel pulls a fast one on me. He goes on to explain that I should consider the change regardless bc ATT would force all customers to go into these plans as of March. Turns out that a call to your customer support number contradicts Joel's statement. If chose to keep my plan I may do so. But Joel pushed this on me to get me to accept the upgrade...that is just UNETHICAL.

When I finished my call with customer support, I emailed Joel (****) to confirm the information he provided. After several forwards of the same email, he has not replied back. Obviously, he is avoiding my email. So I wonder why ATT issues emails to their sales people if they are not going to respond??? Joel should have manned up and he should have simply apologized for the inaccurate information. Yet here I am waiting for a response from him.

His behavior should not be tolerated. What he did was misleading and I think that is not ATTs style. I have been a customer for years and I feel this is not acceptable from a company I have trusted for so many years.

[Edited for privacy.]

Message 1 of 5 (763 Views)
Tutor

Re: Unethical

i must tell you that ATTis making everyone that talks to a customer sale something .. even if you are call to remove something because you cant affford the bill they will get fired for not trying to sell you things..  i call i one time to tech because my cell phone was was not working and when he got done he tried to upgrade my cell phone plan when he saw that i never went over data or min  or why upgrade or offer  an upgrade

Message 2 of 5 (724 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, Fatherofsam!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with one of our store reps. We always expect our representatives to provide our customers with true and accurate information. If you don't mind, please send me a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

In your message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to know the address for the store you visited, that would be helpful as well.

When you spoke with the rep, did you end up making any changes to your account? If so, you may want to click here to review those changes with one of our care managers. This team of care managers will make sure that you are on the correct plan and that you understand all the terms and conditions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! Once again, I apologize for any frustration or confusion.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (648 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Fatherofsam wrote:

But then I realize that with the new Mobile share plan my monthly bill would increase. Particular concern with having to pay $50 for 2gb of data when in pay $25.00. OUTRAGEOUS.

[Edited for privacy.]

I just want to point out that the $50 is not just for 2GB of data (it is actually $55), that also covers unlimited minutes and texting. To accurately compare, you must also factor in what you are paying for minutes and texting, not just the $25 for data.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (583 Views)

Thx for your comment.. The way I see it, I get charged $55 for 2gb of data and then I pay $40 to access the line. In my view , the unlimited text and minute is factored in the $40. I strongly believe that ATT knows that people use less minutes and text messaging. Anywho. Thx for sharing ur thoughts on the matter.
Message 5 of 5 (559 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.