Posted Jul 14, 2013
8:08:56 PM
View profile
Unbearable slow 4G speed here in Philly v.s Super fast 4G speed also in Philly
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 14, 2013 at 9:56:25 PM

I do not write well, so here's picture:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/507995214.png

Picture Gallery

Above is my brother in law's speedtest.net app result, both conduct on the same date, same time back to back and same loction.

Below is my Samsung Galaxy S 2 i777

My Samsung Galaxy S 2 i777 4G Speed

My unlimited plan is so call grandfather unlimited plan, since I been with AT&T from 2009.

My brother in law in other hand have 2 smart phone, one is unlimited one is limited 5G data plan. Both able achieve at speed of at least 20+ Mbps Down, 8+ Mbps Up.

My conclusion, AT&T is throttling my speed, this issue I had contact 3 - 4 times. Most agent were very polite, and all  promise to help me with everything they can. First one had me read the SIM card # and IMIS # to him, he said he is going to update my IMIS which at that time were not match to my current device.  He assure me that give it couple of days, I will see my speed increase. Yet, a week has gone by, my speed still the same. Just so your guys know, the highest position person I had spoken with @ AT&T is a area manager name Samanda, she is absolutely lovely person. Very enthusiastic to help me, yet I guess even she can't get her company to get off my neck from throttling me. 

This my first stop to show my experience with AT&T, next stop, FCC compliant page.  

Good night AT&T, good night every one, thanks for reading my broken  EnglishSmiley Tongue

[removed links to off topic images]

I do not write well, so here's picture:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/507995214.png

Picture Gallery

Above is my brother in law's speedtest.net app result, both conduct on the same date, same time back to back and same loction.

Below is my Samsung Galaxy S 2 i777

My Samsung Galaxy S 2 i777 4G Speed

My unlimited plan is so call grandfather unlimited plan, since I been with AT&T from 2009.

My brother in law in other hand have 2 smart phone, one is unlimited one is limited 5G data plan. Both able achieve at speed of at least 20+ Mbps Down, 8+ Mbps Up.

My conclusion, AT&T is throttling my speed, this issue I had contact 3 - 4 times. Most agent were very polite, and all  promise to help me with everything they can. First one had me read the SIM card # and IMIS # to him, he said he is going to update my IMIS which at that time were not match to my current device.  He assure me that give it couple of days, I will see my speed increase. Yet, a week has gone by, my speed still the same. Just so your guys know, the highest position person I had spoken with @ AT&T is a area manager name Samanda, she is absolutely lovely person. Very enthusiastic to help me, yet I guess even she can't get her company to get off my neck from throttling me. 

This my first stop to show my experience with AT&T, next stop, FCC compliant page.  

Good night AT&T, good night every one, thanks for reading my broken  EnglishSmiley Tongue

[removed links to off topic images]

Unbearable slow 4G speed here in Philly v.s Super fast 4G speed also in Philly

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 8:46:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

For those who may say I use too much data, the high G I consume about 1.8G or about 2G let leave it like that. The average on my month to month base is about 1G or little plus. It is too much? I guess it is too much for AT&T. Anyway, does anyone feel the same pain that I felt?

For those who may say I use too much data, the high G I consume about 1.8G or about 2G let leave it like that. The average on my month to month base is about 1G or little plus. It is too much? I guess it is too much for AT&T. Anyway, does anyone feel the same pain that I felt?

Re: Unbearable slow 4G speed here in Philly v.s Super fast 4G speed also in Philly

2 of 4 (909 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 5:13:35 AM
(0)
Expert

If you are throttled then you exceeded the limits for the month, for 3G it is 3GB, for LTE it is 5GB.

If you are throttled then you exceeded the limits for the month, for 3G it is 3GB, for LTE it is 5GB.

Re: Unbearable slow 4G speed here in Philly v.s Super fast 4G speed also in Philly

3 of 4 (840 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 3:50:23 PM
(0)
Former Employee

I don't think you are being throttled. First off, your brother-in-law's results are for the LTE network and your results are not on the LTE network. From what I can tell, your S2 is not an LTE phone. Also, your download speed of about 2MB is not that bad for non-LTE and definitely not throttled. When you get throttled your speeds would drop to under 100KB. 

I don't think you are being throttled. First off, your brother-in-law's results are for the LTE network and your results are not on the LTE network. From what I can tell, your S2 is not an LTE phone. Also, your download speed of about 2MB is not that bad for non-LTE and definitely not throttled. When you get throttled your speeds would drop to under 100KB. 

4 of 4 (803 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments