Helpful Links

Unactivated GoPhone SIM card expiration

Contributor

Unactivated GoPhone SIM card expiration

hello, i bought the GoPhone SIM card a while back for emergencies, but have not activated yet.
can anyone tell me if these have an expiration date? it is not printed and even the customer service agents & supervisors don't know the answer to this !!!
thanks

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Unactivated GoPhone SIM card expiration

As far as I know,if they are the card in orange color or the card saying new AT&T in blue,they should still work.

How long ago you brought it???

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

think i bought these a couple of years ago on eBay. 
it's white & orange, with a small blue tab. says "rethink possible" on both sides, doesn't say "go phone" on it.
 using common sense, they shouldn't expire, if not activated. but the customer service supervisor "guess" that it should within 30 days, then he changed his guessing to "a few months?"
adidaskid808 wrote:

As far as I know,if they are the card in orange color or the card saying new AT&T in blue,they should still work.

How long ago you brought it???

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Professor

Oh!! Those SIM cards from ebaySmiley Indifferent 

I do use one of those card last July before I switch to a micro sim.

To be honest,most telco SIM cards will expire if you do not activated it within a time limit, from a few months to a few years.

I can name a few right from my mind, T MobXXX USA, expire date on the SIM card,

H2X USA,expire date on the card,

RogXXX from Canada,the one started with code UXXX are expire.

T MobXXX & OraXXX  in UK,

now they switched company to EE,they will not open new account under the old name sim cards.

Most pay as you go phone/data SIM package you can buy in Asia also has the expire date.

That's all I can remember now.......

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

thanks, so what do you think the expiration time for my ebay micro sim?

adidaskid808 wrote:

Oh!! Those SIM cards from ebaySmiley Indifferent 

I do use one of those card last July before I switch to a micro sim.

To be honest,most telco SIM cards will expire if you do not activated it within a time limit, from a few months to a few years.

I can name a few right from my mind, T MobXXX USA, expire date on the SIM card,

H2X USA,expire date on the card,

RogXXX from Canada,the one started with code UXXX are expire.

T MobXXX & OraXXX  in UK,

now they switched company to EE,they will not open new account under the old name sim cards.

Most pay as you go phone/data SIM package you can buy in Asia also has the expire date.

That's all I can remember now.......

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Professor

At the moment ,I think it still good.

Message 6 of 7
Master

I honesty don't know when or if unactivated SIM cards expire. I figure they're still worth activating, if not keeping them around a little while longer.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support