Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 9, 2013
12:24:11 PM
Unable to send a text message to a friend since number switch?
Edited by callie.crk.kuczek on Nov 9, 2013 at 12:26:19 PM

Hello.  I recently switched my cell phone number to another number that is on our family plan.  Before I changed my number, I was able to text this one friend of mine just fine.  I had a new AT&T SIM card in the phone when I had my previous number.  Since the switch, any time I try and send a text, I get a message that reads: Unable to send to (Contact's Name).  I have texted some family members andn the texts to them went through just fine.  The friend I am having trouble texting uses Boost Mobile.  The SIM card that I am now using is a Cingular branded one.  Do I need to go to an AT&T store and switch out the SIM card for a new one?  I can still make and receive calls just fine and texts to other contacts go through fine.

I also want to point out that the phone my new number is currently linked to is a Nokia 6030 and my old number is linked to an LG Xpression.  Could that be causing an issue?

Hello.  I recently switched my cell phone number to another number that is on our family plan.  Before I changed my number, I was able to text this one friend of mine just fine.  I had a new AT&T SIM card in the phone when I had my previous number.  Since the switch, any time I try and send a text, I get a message that reads: Unable to send to (Contact's Name).  I have texted some family members andn the texts to them went through just fine.  The friend I am having trouble texting uses Boost Mobile.  The SIM card that I am now using is a Cingular branded one.  Do I need to go to an AT&T store and switch out the SIM card for a new one?  I can still make and receive calls just fine and texts to other contacts go through fine.

I also want to point out that the phone my new number is currently linked to is a Nokia 6030 and my old number is linked to an LG Xpression.  Could that be causing an issue?

Unable to send a text message to a friend since number switch?

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2013 3:17:40 PM
(0)
Scholar

Never mind, everyone.  I figured out what the reason was for not being able to send a text message to my one friend.  It was because I was in a bad spot in the house.  I moved to another location in the house, sent a text message to the person, and it went through.  

Never mind, everyone.  I figured out what the reason was for not being able to send a text message to my one friend.  It was because I was in a bad spot in the house.  I moved to another location in the house, sent a text message to the person, and it went through.  

Re: Unable to send a text message to a friend since number switch?

2 of 2 (875 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments