Unable to send a text message to a friend since number switch?

Unable to send a text message to a friend since number switch?

Hello.  I recently switched my cell phone number to another number that is on our family plan.  Before I changed my number, I was able to text this one friend of mine just fine.  I had a new AT&T SIM card in the phone when I had my previous number.  Since the switch, any time I try and send a text, I get a message that reads: Unable to send to (Contact's Name).  I have texted some family members andn the texts to them went through just fine.  The friend I am having trouble texting uses Boost Mobile.  The SIM card that I am now using is a Cingular branded one.  Do I need to go to an AT&T store and switch out the SIM card for a new one?  I can still make and receive calls just fine and texts to other contacts go through fine.

I also want to point out that the phone my new number is currently linked to is a Nokia 6030 and my old number is linked to an LG Xpression.  Could that be causing an issue?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Unable to send a text message to a friend since number switch?

Never mind, everyone.  I figured out what the reason was for not being able to send a text message to my one friend.  It was because I was in a bad spot in the house.  I moved to another location in the house, sent a text message to the person, and it went through.  

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support