Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2013
11:53:06 PM
View profile
Unable to link accounts to pay online.

I'm currently overseas and trying to pay my bill online.  I usually pay over my phone, and have never used my online account.  I logged into my MyATT account after resetting my password, it says I need to link accounts.  However, I'm not able to link accounts.  I just get an error message.  Also, what exactly am I linking?  All I have is one wireless account.

Is there any way I can pay online without having to link accounts or go through all this other rigmarole?

It's a bit frustrating that I have to go through so much just to pay my bill online.  I don't need U-verse, email or any of this other crap.  All I want to do is pay my bill.

Also, I tried using the customer support chat, but of course they require me to link my accounts before I use it. Stupid.

Thanks.

I'm currently overseas and trying to pay my bill online.  I usually pay over my phone, and have never used my online account.  I logged into my MyATT account after resetting my password, it says I need to link accounts.  However, I'm not able to link accounts.  I just get an error message.  Also, what exactly am I linking?  All I have is one wireless account.

Is there any way I can pay online without having to link accounts or go through all this other rigmarole?

It's a bit frustrating that I have to go through so much just to pay my bill online.  I don't need U-verse, email or any of this other crap.  All I want to do is pay my bill.

Also, I tried using the customer support chat, but of course they require me to link my accounts before I use it. Stupid.

Thanks.

Unable to link accounts to pay online.

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 6:32:08 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello dhc6twinotter,

What is the error message you're getting? I believe it's asking you to link your wireless account to an online access account, have you tied selecting "wireless"? There is a number you can call while roaming internationally for free to get support, it's 1-916-843-4685, they can help you process the payment as well.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello dhc6twinotter,

What is the error message you're getting? I believe it's asking you to link your wireless account to an online access account, have you tied selecting "wireless"? There is a number you can call while roaming internationally for free to get support, it's 1-916-843-4685, they can help you process the payment as well.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Unable to link accounts to pay online.

2 of 7 (1,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 10:23:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had the same problem on Friday.  Today, I was able to pay my bill.  It would not take my bank account routing number so I tried a credit card.  Then it would not accept my credit card number.  It gave me error messages.  Hopefully you can pay your bill now.  I was able to pay today using bank account.

I had the same problem on Friday.  Today, I was able to pay my bill.  It would not take my bank account routing number so I tried a credit card.  Then it would not accept my credit card number.  It gave me error messages.  Hopefully you can pay your bill now.  I was able to pay today using bank account.

3 of 7 (1,673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 2:16:20 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks Dmitriy. Sorry for the late reply. I've been in an area with limited internet connection the last few days. The error message I'm getting is SAL705. I just tried again today and got the same message. It pops up after I enter my name, number, and zip code; and the account is "locked". The whole ATT website is pretty poor, to be honest, but oh well.

I'll give the number a shot. Thanks.
Thanks Dmitriy. Sorry for the late reply. I've been in an area with limited internet connection the last few days. The error message I'm getting is SAL705. I just tried again today and got the same message. It pops up after I enter my name, number, and zip code; and the account is "locked". The whole ATT website is pretty poor, to be honest, but oh well.

I'll give the number a shot. Thanks.

4 of 7 (1,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 7:06:04 AM
(0)
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with the site. Yeah if says the account is locked now, you'll definitely need to talk to somebody from customer service to get it fixed. Please let us know if it gets resolved for you or if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with the site. Yeah if says the account is locked now, you'll definitely need to talk to somebody from customer service to get it fixed. Please let us know if it gets resolved for you or if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (1,603 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 7:53:58 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks again Dmitriy.   

This whole process has been absurd and a real pain, but I appreciate your efforts to help.

I tried using the phone number you provided, and after getting a bit of a run-around, I was able to connect to somebody about my bill.  I wasn't able to get it paid, however, since they requested the social security number of the account holder.  I signed up under my dad's account years ago, but I've always paid my bill over the phone and didn't realize I was still under his account.  That's my fault, but just another hurdle in the process.

I ended up using Skype to contact customer support to pay the bill.  Had some glitches along the way, but got it done.

If I may make a suggestion for the website, they should offer a way to make a one-time payment without having to set up an account.  They could have a form to enter the name, phone number, and credit card info.  I could pay for a family member's bill, and somebody else could pay for mine, if need be.  I don't see why ATT would care if somebody else pays for a bill, and it sure would make things easier.   

Anyways, the whole process is messed up, but thanks again for the assistance.  

Daniel

Thanks again Dmitriy.   

This whole process has been absurd and a real pain, but I appreciate your efforts to help.

I tried using the phone number you provided, and after getting a bit of a run-around, I was able to connect to somebody about my bill.  I wasn't able to get it paid, however, since they requested the social security number of the account holder.  I signed up under my dad's account years ago, but I've always paid my bill over the phone and didn't realize I was still under his account.  That's my fault, but just another hurdle in the process.

I ended up using Skype to contact customer support to pay the bill.  Had some glitches along the way, but got it done.

If I may make a suggestion for the website, they should offer a way to make a one-time payment without having to set up an account.  They could have a form to enter the name, phone number, and credit card info.  I could pay for a family member's bill, and somebody else could pay for mine, if need be.  I don't see why ATT would care if somebody else pays for a bill, and it sure would make things easier.   

Anyways, the whole process is messed up, but thanks again for the assistance.  

Daniel

6 of 7 (1,597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:30:56 AM
(0)
Community Manager

You're welcome Daniel!

Thank you for letting us know that you were able to pay your bill and thank you for the feedback.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

You're welcome Daniel!

Thank you for letting us know that you were able to pay your bill and thank you for the feedback.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

7 of 7 (1,561 Views)