Unable to activate Microcell - site doesn't show any status progress

Teacher

Unable to activate Microcell - site doesn't show any status progress

I am unable to activate my Microcell. I moved it to a different location at the same address and on reconnecting it, it would no longer connect, so I deactivated it on the webpage to manage it, and now it will not reactivate.

I have another thread here: http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Microcell-activation-at-step-4-for-46-hours/td-p/3927942.

But I have now upgraded our home internet service (see attached speed test results), so it seems that download speeds should not be the issue.

I have tried deactivating from the manage webpage and reactivating - but now it shows no status on that page at all. 

What should I try next?

Message 1 of 84 (2,360 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Unable to activate Microcell - site doesn't show any status progress

My ac adapter power ratings are what I have in the Tech Guide. I don't remember if a new adapter came with my V2 replacement MicroCell or not. That was the replacement for my V1 MicroCell that I purchased in late 2010. I'm thinking that the momentary red power light is a power check to make sure all is well before the rest of the unit is powered up.

I see the engineering monkey is now on Avedis's back Smiley LOL

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 76 of 84 (748 Views)
ACE - Professor

I just gotsta know.....

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 77 of 84 (744 Views)
ACE - Master

I hope hilaryjade does that little test for you. Otherwise, you're gonna sit in the corner and pout all day Smiley Tongue

Message 78 of 84 (741 Views)
Teacher

I won't leave you hanging too long, I promise. I'll try it out later today and report back. Smiley Happy

Message 79 of 84 (719 Views)
ACE - Professor

Pout??  You'll have to put me under suicide watch......

Message 80 of 84 (709 Views)
Teacher

Guess what?????

Guess who needs a new power adapter for her old MCell? Got any recommendations?

Plugged the old one into the new adapter. Didn't even modify the port forwarding rules on the router --- and it activated. 

This means I can keep using the old (free) one, and return the new (not free!) one... 

Message 81 of 84 (701 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

Or you could keep the new adapter and send back the old one....depends on your ethics...

AC adapters are commonplace for the Mcell.

Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/UpBright%C2%AE-Adapter-Microcell-Wireless-DPH151-AT/dp/B00IP03ZPY/ref=sr_1_1?i...

$10.99 + shipping

Just make sure your Mcell serial number matches the one you entered on the activation page.

Message 82 of 84 (699 Views)
Teacher

In the interest of science, I unplugged the old, now working and activated MicroCell and plugged it back in with the suspect power adapter - the only green light was the power light - all other lights were off. I gave it some time to change its mind. Then plugged it back in with the new power adapter, and it hooked right up.

Message 83 of 84 (689 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I'm old, and very easily confused Smiley Sad What ever you do to get a realiabe connection is fine.

Message 84 of 84 (680 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.