Helpful Links

Unable to activate Microcell - site doesn't show any status progress

Teacher

Unable to activate Microcell - site doesn't show any status progress

I am unable to activate my Microcell. I moved it to a different location at the same address and on reconnecting it, it would no longer connect, so I deactivated it on the webpage to manage it, and now it will not reactivate.

I have another thread here: http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/Microcell-activation-at-step-4-for-46-hours/td-p/3927942.

But I have now upgraded our home internet service (see attached speed test results), so it seems that download speeds should not be the issue.

I have tried deactivating from the manage webpage and reactivating - but now it shows no status on that page at all. 

What should I try next?

Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 5.56.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-04-05 at 5.55.02 AM.png

Message 1 of 84
ACE - Master

Re: Unable to activate Microcell - site doesn't show any status progress

My ac adapter power ratings are what I have in the Tech Guide. I don't remember if a new adapter came with my V2 replacement MicroCell or not. That was the replacement for my V1 MicroCell that I purchased in late 2010. I'm thinking that the momentary red power light is a power check to make sure all is well before the rest of the unit is powered up.

I see the engineering monkey is now on Avedis's back Smiley LOL

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 76 of 84
ACE - Professor

I just gotsta know.....

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 77 of 84
ACE - Master

I hope hilaryjade does that little test for you. Otherwise, you're gonna sit in the corner and pout all day Smiley Tongue

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

Message 78 of 84
Teacher

I won't leave you hanging too long, I promise. I'll try it out later today and report back. Smiley Happy

Message 79 of 84
ACE - Professor

Pout??  You'll have to put me under suicide watch......

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Message 80 of 84
Teacher

Guess what?????

Guess who needs a new power adapter for her old MCell? Got any recommendations?

Plugged the old one into the new adapter. Didn't even modify the port forwarding rules on the router --- and it activated. 

This means I can keep using the old (free) one, and return the new (not free!) one... 

Message 81 of 84
ACE - Professor

Or you could keep the new adapter and send back the old one....depends on your ethics...

AC adapters are commonplace for the Mcell.

Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/UpBright%C2%AE-Adapter-Microcell-Wireless-DPH151-AT/dp/B00IP03ZPY/ref=sr_1_1?i...

$10.99 + shipping

Just make sure your Mcell serial number matches the one you entered on the activation page.

Message 82 of 84
Teacher

In the interest of science, I unplugged the old, now working and activated MicroCell and plugged it back in with the suspect power adapter - the only green light was the power light - all other lights were off. I gave it some time to change its mind. Then plugged it back in with the new power adapter, and it hooked right up.

Message 83 of 84
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I'm old, and very easily confused Smiley Sad What ever you do to get a realiabe connection is fine.

Message 84 of 84
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome To The Community!
Find Your Answers Here!

Additional Support