U.S. residents, please help to get the unlock code from at&t

Contributor

U.S. residents, please help to get the unlock code from at&t

[ Edited ]

Hello! I am not a resident of the U.S., so I can not use the newly received AT&T Motorola Atrix HD with local sim card mobile operators. Ebay sellers report that they were unable to get the unlock code, or the price is too high. As far as I know, at&t free handing unlock codes, but I do not know the English language to call AT & T and ask them for the unlock code. So I ask members of this forum to assist me to unlock your mobile phone. Here is my IMEI number:{Personal content removed for your safety}. I hope that it is not difficult for the residents of the United States, or other English-speaking members of the forum. I, in turn, can pay for your services to unlock my phone)

Message 1 of 6 (736 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: U.S. residents, please help to get the unlock code from at&t

AT&T only unlocks phones for customers. You will not get any unlock info here.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (696 Views)
Mentor

AT&T will unlock phones for whoever calls as long as the phone is not reported lost or stolen and the contract has been completed. they have spanish help if you speak spanish. if the phone is meant to be used in the US it may not work in other countries.

Message 3 of 6 (635 Views)
Expert

dirtboy01 wrote:

AT&T will unlock phones for whoever calls as long as the phone is not reported lost or stolen and the contract has been completed. they have spanish help if you speak spanish. if the phone is meant to be used in the US it may not work in other countries.

that is actually not true, take the iphone - there are specific requirements for unlock and if those are not met the user will not get the unlock code at all. There is a 6 to 12 month delay on newly introduced exclusive phones for unlock, and there are phones that will never be unlocked - the garmen that att sold a few years back is a good example. An unlocked for a phone is not automatic and always given, there are requirements

Message 4 of 6 (626 Views)
Contributor

unlock code for cell phones buyers abroad?

[ Edited ]

I am Brazilian and live in Brazil. Last month, I bought two AT&T Galaxy S4 cell phones at Walmart, Madison (WI), and paid full price to have them UNLOCKED, as I was told by the salesman. I can provide the copy of the sales receipt to prove the sale prices.I would appreciate it very much if you send the UNLOCK CODES for each of the sets as soon as possible, considering that they were bought UNLOCKED, in principle, and AT&T has no service in Brazil. *** email: {Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 5 of 6 (598 Views)
Expert

Re: unlock code for cell phones buyers abroad?

Luiz Carlos Molion wrote:

I am Brazilian and live in Brazil. Last month, I bought two AT&T Galaxy S4 cell phones at Walmart, Madison (WI), and paid full price to have them UNLOCKED, as I was told by the salesman. I can provide the copy of the sales receipt to prove the sale prices.I would appreciate it very much if you send the UNLOCK CODES for each of the sets as soon as possible, considering that they were bought UNLOCKED, in principle, and AT&T has no service in Brazil. *** email: {Personal content removed for your safety}

Well walmart has no way of unlocking them. I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Not sure you will be able to get them unlocking since they are fairly new devices and there is normally a delay on releasing unlock codes for new devices

Message 6 of 6 (575 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.