Trying To Use A Motorola Razr With The Sim From My Nokia Phone

Mentor

Trying To Use A Motorola Razr With The Sim From My Nokia Phone

[ Edited ]

I have had a Nokia 520 Gophone for about 3 months now on the $40 plan.  Everything works well but I am having trouble getting used to the larger phone in my pocket after carrying a small flip phone for a bazillion years.  A friend gave me an old Motorola Razr V3 ATT to try.  I take the sim out of my Nokia and fire it up and it continues to give me the message "insert sim."  I have inserted the sim several times and no luck.  Any suggestions?  FWIW when I turn the RAZR off I get the ATT logo.

Message 1 of 8 (644 Views)
Master

Re: Trying To Use A Motorola Razr With The Sim From My Nokia Phone

The problem is likely the size difference in the SIM card. Remember that the Lumia 520 uses a microSIM, while the Razr V3 utilizes the standard sized SIM that is traditionally larger. Did you put the microSIM right into the slot of the Razr? The smaller sized SIM is probably not being detected by the Razr. I would suggest going to an AT&T store and asking for a regular sized SIM card. There is usually no cost to do this swap.

Good luck!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 8 (613 Views)
Mentor

Wild Banchi wrote:
The problem is likely the size difference in the SIM card. Remember that the Lumia 520 uses a microSIM, while the Razr V3 utilizes the standard sized SIM that is traditionally larger. Did you put the microSIM right into the slot of the Razr? The smaller sized SIM is probably not being detected by the Razr. I would suggest going to an AT&T store and asking for a regular sized SIM card. There is usually no cost to do this swap.

Good luck!

That was my guess.  I will go to the ATT company store tomorrow and let them have a look.  Thanks

Message 3 of 8 (611 Views)
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8 (605 Views)
ACE - Guru

Or keep your micro SIM card,get a SIM card adapter online for a few bucks.
In case you are switching back to your Lumia 520 again.

Yes, I do have a Razr   V3  .

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8 (577 Views)
Mentor

adidaskid808 wrote:

What size sim card does the Razr v3 use?  Mine is the VG3 if that matters.

Message 6 of 8 (573 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

Rickochet wrote:

adidaskid808 wrote:

What size sim card does the Razr v3 use?  Mine is the VG3 if that matters.

The Razr V3 uses a standard sized SIM card. It's just a little bit larger than a microSIM. 

A microSIM adaptor such as this one below would work fine if you didn't want to go to an AT&T store and get a new one. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003XCCYV0

Message 7 of 8 (563 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

[ Edited ]

It's minus 2° outside.  Internet shopping sounds good.  Thanks for the info.  I ordered a 3 way adapter kit on ebay for $1.77 shipped.  Great tip thanks.  

Message 8 of 8 (554 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.