Trip to the US & GoPhone

Trip to the US & GoPhone

Hi all!

I will be making a trip to the US (Miami) for a couple of weeks next month and instead of using my provider's ridiculous roaming fees, I'm thinking a GoPhone plan is the way to go, however I have a couple of questions:

1) My phone is an unlocked AT&T Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket. Can I just purchase a sim with a goPhone plan for a month and expect it to work? My primary use will be data (whatsapp, google maps mainly) with little to none voice and text.

2) If 1) isnt possible, what other option do i have?
Message 1 of 7 (515 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Trip to the US & GoPhone

[ Edited ]

Should be all right to joint any Gophone plan with data, for Smart phone, with this AT&T Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket.

But you still need to make a trip to any AT&T store to active the Sim card,give them some personal info. and money to  joint the Gophone planSmiley Indifferent

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (478 Views)

Thanks for your answer.. Just one more (stupid) question: and this plan is with no contract, right? When I leave the US I can have peace of mind and rely on the fact that when the month expires no bills will keep running.

Message 3 of 7 (468 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

[ Edited ]

You need to make this clear to AT&T.You only need the service for 1 month!!!
 If not they will automatic renew the plan every month.Smiley Surprised
 (This is what happen to my IPad data plan before I know I need to turn off the auto renew myself!!)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (456 Views)

Re: Trip to the US

WOW! Thats good to know, thanks! I'll make sure I tell them that.. Thanks
again! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7 (449 Views)
Master

You should be able to use data on your S II Skyrocket right away, but there could be a small chance that it may not work instantly. If not, you may have to change the phone's APN settings.

And yes, be careful of auto renewal!

Enjoy your trip!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 7 (415 Views)

Re: Trip to the US

Great! Thanks a lot Banchi. When I get there and have the SIM and
everything set up I will check back here if I have any issues. Thanks again!
Message 7 of 7 (404 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.