Tricky question re: voice mail message notification or forwarding

Voyager

Tricky question re: voice mail message notification or forwarding

I don't know if what I need to do is reasonably possible.  Perhaps someone here knows or might have a work around idea.

I need voice mail message notification.  That is, when someone leaves a voice mail, I need the system to call another number to notify me that a message was left.  This is pretty standard now on land line voice mail systems.

If that isn't available, a second choice option would be to have voice mail messages on one phone number automatically transferred to the voice mail on a second number with some indication on the second phone that there is a new message waiting.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (798 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Tricky question re: voice mail message notification or forwarding

Your best bet would probably be looking into a third-party voicemail provider, such as Youmail (although youmail specifically doesn't do exactly what you need). The only drawback of using a third party system is each time a VM is left, it'll take minutes out of your pool.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (752 Views)
Voyager

I may have to go that route.  Youmail will send an email with the voicemail attached as a sound file I think.  That could be a solution.  Not ideal but workable.

Even better would be a way to have my personal and office phone numbers ring on my cell phone, but with some means of determining which is which.  That has been the downside of using one phone for both functions.  If I could do that, and control which number shows on the receiver's caller ID, I would be all set!

Message 3 of 4 (742 Views)
ACE - Expert

I don't think that's attainable. Normally when call forwarding is engaged the original caller's number will show on the caller ID, so telling whether it's the personal or office phone being redirected might not be possible.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (736 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.