Transferring contacts to new phone from old phone (with suspected water damage)

Contributor

Transferring contacts to new phone from old phone (with suspected water damage)

Hi, 

My old phone (Pantech Link P7040 GSM Cell Phone) stopped working all of a sudden. The screen had frozen and kept asking me to insert the SIM card.

I took the phone to the AT&T store and they said there was water damage (half of the sticker had turned pink). It was somewhat surprising since I am very careful with my phone and cannot think of how the phone came in contact with water (humididty?).

Anyway, so I ended up buying a new phone, and wanted to know if it was possible to transfer the contacts from the old phone to the new phone? If so then how do I do that? I cannot access the contact list of the old phone.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (745 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Transferring contacts to new phone from old phone (with suspected water damage)

[ Edited ]

Do you have your contacts saved on your SIM card?  If you do, then you can put the SIM card in the new phone and copy the contacts from the SIM card to the phone.  Do you have your new phone synced with AT&T Address Book?  If so, then you can get the contacts downloaded to your new phone from AT&T's backup system.

Something you may have to do if your contacts are not copied on your SIM card is to manually add them to the phone and copy them to the SIM card.

Message 2 of 4 (680 Views)
Contributor

Re: Transferring contacts to new phone from old phone (with suspected water damage)

No, the contacts are not saved to the SIM card. I think I'll have to manually transfer the contact numbers. The problem is that I cannot get to the address book of my old phone to get the contact numbers.

Thanks for your help! 

Sudeshna

Message 3 of 4 (635 Views)
Expert

Daviddia705 wrote:

If you want transfer contacts from one Phone to another Phone, you can do it with‘s iTunes Backup Manager export/import feature.
Actually you can transfer contacts files from Phone to Phone directly.
- Connect two Devices to PC.
- Choose the category list of one device that you need to export files.
- Check the files that need to export in the Content Panel and click "Transfer file(s) from device to device" button.
- All the checked files from one device can be transferred to the other one.

Isn't this for iPhones only??? The OP stated nothing about having an iPhone...

I suppose it's some good advice for those with iPhones, though. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 4 (547 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.