Transferring SIM Cards

Contributor

Transferring SIM Cards

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 900 with the lowest data plan. I recently got an iPhone 3G (interesting way I got it, to be honest), and was wondering if I could transfer the SIM to the iPhone. I can take care of the adapter, but I was wondering if the plans differred on the phones, and if the fact that I still have a contract conflicts with this. Thank you!

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Guru

Re: Transferring SIM Cards

As for the different simcard size, you may be able just walk into a AT&T store and get a simcard and transfer you service over to that card. I have gotton free simcard from AT&T store many times before.

Since you have a data plan already, I don't think At&T care which smart phone (or dumb phone) you use. Just keep on paying the bill and you should be fine.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Transferring SIM Cards

Hello kovablu, welcome to the forum and thank you for your post.

As mentioned above, any corporate AT&T store can give you a new SIM card. Data plans cost the same, but the iPhone uses a different feature code in the system and in order for the data to work, you'll need to let AT&T know of your new device and let them update the IMEI number.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support