Transferring SIM Cards

Highlighted
Contributor

Transferring SIM Cards

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 900 with the lowest data plan. I recently got an iPhone 3G (interesting way I got it, to be honest), and was wondering if I could transfer the SIM to the iPhone. I can take care of the adapter, but I was wondering if the plans differred on the phones, and if the fact that I still have a contract conflicts with this. Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (2,373 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Re: Transferring SIM Cards

As for the different simcard size, you may be able just walk into a AT&T store and get a simcard and transfer you service over to that card. I have gotton free simcard from AT&T store many times before.

Since you have a data plan already, I don't think At&T care which smart phone (or dumb phone) you use. Just keep on paying the bill and you should be fine.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (2,348 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Transferring SIM Cards

Hello kovablu, welcome to the forum and thank you for your post.

As mentioned above, any corporate AT&T store can give you a new SIM card. Data plans cost the same, but the iPhone uses a different feature code in the system and in order for the data to work, you'll need to let AT&T know of your new device and let them update the IMEI number.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (2,330 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.