Posted Sep 9, 2013
9:22:23 PM
View profile
Transfer of billing responsibility and porting out my numbers

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to transfer billing responsibility to another party and port my number to another carrier. I have 1 year left on my contract and I want to give it up to someone but without losing my number. Please let me know how I can do it. Thank you.

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to transfer billing responsibility to another party and port my number to another carrier. I have 1 year left on my contract and I want to give it up to someone but without losing my number. Please let me know how I can do it. Thank you.

Transfer of billing responsibility and porting out my numbers

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 6:33:22 AM
(0)
Employee
 Hello! If I'm understand correctly of what you're wanting to do -- Whenever you Transfer the Billing responsibility of a line, that includes the Mobile Number, not just the contract information. So transferring the responsibility, and keeping the number associated with that line to port out will not work, sorry.

You still have the option to choose one -- Transfer the Billing Responsibility to another AT&T Account, including the Number and Contract Details or Porting the line to another provider, this includes paying the Early Termination Fee (ETF).

Hello! If I'm understand correctly of what you're wanting to do -- Whenever you Transfer the Billing responsibility of a line, that includes the Mobile Number, not just the contract information. So transferring the responsibility, and keeping the number associated with that line to port out will not work, sorry.

You still have the option to choose one -- Transfer the Billing Responsibility to another AT&T Account, including the Number and Contract Details or Porting the line to another provider, this includes paying the Early Termination Fee (ETF).

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Transfer of billing responsibility and porting out my numbers

2 of 6 (360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 7:07:57 AM
(0)
Expert

a320driver wrote:

You are speaking as if there are two numbers on the account. If so you can transfer the nillng responsibilty of one number to another person without a problem, be aware that the person recieving the responsiblity will be subject to a credit chekc, if they have little or no credit a deposit of up to and over 500.00 could be required and will be retained for a year.

As to the second number, yes you can port it out without a problem, you will be responsible for teh etf and the final bill on the line that will not be pro-rated. the etf is as follows

smartphone - 325.00 - (10.00 * number of completd billing cycles)

basic phone - 150.00 - (4.00 * number of completed billing cycles)

If you have only one line, then no, your only choice is to port and pay the etf plus the final bill.

a320driver wrote:

You are speaking as if there are two numbers on the account. If so you can transfer the nillng responsibilty of one number to another person without a problem, be aware that the person recieving the responsiblity will be subject to a credit chekc, if they have little or no credit a deposit of up to and over 500.00 could be required and will be retained for a year.

As to the second number, yes you can port it out without a problem, you will be responsible for teh etf and the final bill on the line that will not be pro-rated. the etf is as follows

smartphone - 325.00 - (10.00 * number of completd billing cycles)

basic phone - 150.00 - (4.00 * number of completed billing cycles)

If you have only one line, then no, your only choice is to port and pay the etf plus the final bill.

3 of 6 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 7:48:48 AM
(0)
Contributor
Would it be possible to change my wireless number first say to a different temporary number, then port the old number over, then change billing responsibility?
Would it be possible to change my wireless number first say to a different temporary number, then port the old number over, then change billing responsibility?

4 of 6 (341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 9:15:17 AM
(0)
Employee

Keep in mind --

• There is a $36 fee associated with changing a wireless number (including those completed online).
  • The number change takes effect immediately.
  • The old number recycles after 59 days.

Even with that being said, this option will not work as well. The old number would have to be active in order to port it out to another provider.

Keep in mind --

• There is a $36 fee associated with changing a wireless number (including those completed online).
  • The number change takes effect immediately.
  • The old number recycles after 59 days.

Even with that being said, this option will not work as well. The old number would have to be active in order to port it out to another provider.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 11:16:30 AM
(0)
Expert

a320driver wrote:

I guess you are talking about 1 line, you can do that but once you change the number, the old one is not under your control anymore

a320driver wrote:

I guess you are talking about 1 line, you can do that but once you change the number, the old one is not under your control anymore

6 of 6 (317 Views)