Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 21, 2014
9:23:07 PM
View profile
Transfer my 2nd number to AT&T old iPhone, mixed messages

Several year AT&T iPhone customer with Nationwide 450 unlimited text unlimited data.  Recently renewed 2 year contract & purchased 5s to replace 4s.  Have had a 2nd number non-iPhone with T-Mobile for several years.  Looking to move my 2nd number to AT&T & put that on the old 4s.  Called AT&T support a few weeks ago & was told if I went to the AT&T store they would move me out of my plan if I added a line--which is not what I want--since my plan isn't offered anymore.  But over the phone I could add my 2nd number to my current plan & both numbers would share the minutes & unlimited text but not the unlimited data; I would have to pay for a 2nd data plan, such as $30 for 3GB, which is fine. 

Today I call to move the number over & am told that isn't possible without a new plan. It's mixed messages & I need to know which answer was right.  Considering I was on hold multiple times today until I gave up it seems like my 1st answer was the right one & I got the wrong person today. 

What is the correct answer & how can I add my 2nd line to my Nationwide 450 plan?

Thank you!

Several year AT&T iPhone customer with Nationwide 450 unlimited text unlimited data.  Recently renewed 2 year contract & purchased 5s to replace 4s.  Have had a 2nd number non-iPhone with T-Mobile for several years.  Looking to move my 2nd number to AT&T & put that on the old 4s.  Called AT&T support a few weeks ago & was told if I went to the AT&T store they would move me out of my plan if I added a line--which is not what I want--since my plan isn't offered anymore.  But over the phone I could add my 2nd number to my current plan & both numbers would share the minutes & unlimited text but not the unlimited data; I would have to pay for a 2nd data plan, such as $30 for 3GB, which is fine. 

Today I call to move the number over & am told that isn't possible without a new plan. It's mixed messages & I need to know which answer was right.  Considering I was on hold multiple times today until I gave up it seems like my 1st answer was the right one & I got the wrong person today. 

What is the correct answer & how can I add my 2nd line to my Nationwide 450 plan?

Thank you!

Transfer my 2nd number to AT&T old iPhone, mixed messages

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 7:15:20 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Jm7269 wrote:

Thank you!

You can't add a line to the plan you have for a couple of reasons. A) the plan you have is no longer offered and B) even if it was, your plan is only for a single line. If you already had a plan that allowed multiple lines (Family Talk), then you could add the new line to that plan. However, there should be no reason you can't have 2 different plans on your account. You should be able to keep the plan you have on your 5s but the new line will have to get one of the new plans. 

You really should consider putting both lines on the new plan, though. It will probably be much cheaper. 

Jm7269 wrote:

Thank you!

You can't add a line to the plan you have for a couple of reasons. A) the plan you have is no longer offered and B) even if it was, your plan is only for a single line. If you already had a plan that allowed multiple lines (Family Talk), then you could add the new line to that plan. However, there should be no reason you can't have 2 different plans on your account. You should be able to keep the plan you have on your 5s but the new line will have to get one of the new plans. 

You really should consider putting both lines on the new plan, though. It will probably be much cheaper. 

Re: Transfer my 2nd number to AT&T old iPhone, mixed messages

2 of 2 (134 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments