Transfer Of Liability Within 14 Days

Contributor

Transfer Of Liability Within 14 Days

Good morning, and thank you to anyone who may be of help.

My girlfriend recently ported her number to AT&T (I believe she's been a customer for 11 days now) and we decided it would be much less of a financial burden on her if she joined my Family Talk plan. I am trying to do most of the leg work for her, but then I read that she has to be an AT&T customer for more than 60 days in order to perform a transfer of responsibility.

I am extremely frustrated because I was told at my local AT&T store, and twice on the phone with AT&T this morning that this would be possible, and that AT&T would accomodate because it is a ported number and otherwise we would have to go the roundabout way (cancel her line, lose her number, open new line again with activation fee, etc.) to get her on my Family Talk plan. I was even transfered to the National Business Order Dept to start the process, but then all of a sudden the representative changed her tune and was not even sympathetic when I told her that the main reason we wanted to make the change was because of the financial burden (and obviously to save the number).

Any help would be appreciated, would this issue be resolved if I had my girlfriend call in and have her escalate immediately to a supervisor?

Message 1 of 2 (251 Views)
Expert

Re: Transfer Of Liability Within 14 Days

[ Edited ]

slarano wrote:

Good morning, and thank you to anyone who may be of help.

My girlfriend recently ported her number to AT&T (I believe she's been a customer for 11 days now) and we decided it would be much less of a financial burden on her if she joined my Family Talk plan. I am trying to do most of the leg work for her, but then I read that she has to be an AT&T customer for more than 60 days in order to perform a transfer of responsibility.

I am extremely frustrated because I was told at my local AT&T store, and twice on the phone with AT&T this morning that this would be possible, and that AT&T would accomodate because it is a ported number and otherwise we would have to go the roundabout way (cancel her line, lose her number, open new line again with activation fee, etc.) to get her on my Family Talk plan. I was even transfered to the National Business Order Dept to start the process, but then all of a sudden the representative changed her tune and was not even sympathetic when I told her that the main reason we wanted to make the change was because of the financial burden (and obviously to save the number).

Any help would be appreciated, would this issue be resolved if I had my girlfriend call in and have her escalate immediately to a supervisor?

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB94735&cv=820#fbid=AL75Jmj7EZ6

there is the FAQ's on doing a TOBR, there is a 60 day wait from the time the account was created. One thing to remember, there is only a 14 day buyers remorse period, if you take the second option and cancel after that the etf will be charged and the final bill

What are the requirements for transferring my account?

If you are the original owner of the account, you'll need to meet these conditions:

• Your account must be at least 60 days old.
  • Your device must be active.
  • Your account must not be past due.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 2 of 2 (227 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.