Track iPhone via IMEI number after stolen and wiped/reset?

Contributor

Track iPhone via IMEI number after stolen and wiped/reset?

Hi Everyone,

My iPhone was stolen and wiped (or the Find my iPhone feature was disabled).   Can it still be found by the IMEI number when it communicates to the cellular network?  

Thanks

Nick

Message 1 of 5 (2,474 Views)
Master

Re: Track iPhone via IMEI number after stolen and wiped/reset?

1. File a police report.

2.Notify your carrier have case number handy from police report.

3.You could try Apple and tell them find my phone was disabled and tell them you have a case no. and notified carrier.

4. I assume you did not have your phone set with a password to use the phone.

Message 2 of 5 (2,464 Views)
Expert

oz_1 wrote:

1. File a police report.

2.Notify your carrier have case number handy from police report.

3.You could try Apple and tell them find my phone was disabled and tell them you have a case no. and notified carrier.

4. I assume you did not have your phone set with a password to use the phone.

not sure any of that will work but worth a try, at least call att and have the IMEI number blacklisted so they can;t use it

Message 3 of 5 (2,416 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Just a side note if you sync'd with iTunes on your computer it will list the serial number in the info this will need to be attached to your case number as they will ask for it also depending on your home and auto insurance policy some cover items off premises you could at least check.

Message 4 of 5 (2,405 Views)
Contributor

Don't get desparate if you got your Iphone stolen/lost. If you know your IMEI code try https://www.facebook.com/Iphonetrace or http://www.iphonetrace.com/

Message 5 of 5 (1,632 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.