Touch Screen Sensitivity when on a phone call

Contributor

Touch Screen Sensitivity when on a phone call

I have recently upgraded my iPhone 5 to the iOS 7 and since, have had nothing but trouble when I'm on a call. I have to hold the phone away from me or use the speakerphone because my cheek hits the facetime or speaker buttons and drives me crazy. It's to the point that I am avoiding making or taking calls on my cell as much as possible. Any idea how to either lock the options or reduce the sensitivity when on a call? I'm at my wits end...

Message 1 of 3 (378 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Touch Screen Sensitivity when on a phone call

There is a proximity sensor on the phone that should shut off the screen when up to your ear. Make sure that the sensor is not blocked. If it is not blocked, and the screen does not turn off when something is close to the sensor while on a call, the proximity sensor may be bad.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (368 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Touch Screen Sensitivity when on a phone call

There are some cses and some screen protectors which cause problems for the proximity sensor on your iPhone.  One thing I have noticed with my iPhone 5 is that the sensor is not as sensitive as I might hope.  If I do not hold my iPhone close enough to my ear, then the sesor does sometiems fail to detect and will leave the screen on.  More often it happens when I am on a long call, and I switch the iPhone from one hand/ear to the other.  At that time, the sesor sees it's not close to my ear and turns the screen on about the time it is getting placed up to my other ear.  Also if I move my hand nd the phone moves away form my head slightly it may turn the screen back on, but as soon as i hold it closer to my head again, it turns the screen back off.  For the record, I have my iPhone 5 in a Mophie Juice Pack Air, and I have a Zagg Invisible Shield on the screen.  It is possible that the screen protector is reducing the sensitivity a little, but it still works for me.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (354 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.