To people who switched to ATT, I am thinking about it but have a conern

Tutor

To people who switched to ATT, I am thinking about it but have a conern

I am currently with Verizon.  Im a big Windows Phone guy and pretty unsatisfied with the options over here.  I love the 920 and really considering switching.  However, Im still in contract and will be losing my grandfathered unlimited data. So there will be a big cost difference for me going to ATT.  I also get a discount through my company with Verizon.

So, knowing this, maybe it cant be justified for me to switch.  The part that gets me most is the ATT cost to text. $20 a month is the only option available.  I personally see that as outrageous.  I am not a huge text person, but really need to have it available. But that price, for texting is really absurd. 

How has it been for others who have switched?   It seems like there is no doubt an increase in costs. Im not saying Verizon is so much cheaper but I know they dont charge you $20 just for a generic feature like texting.

Message 1 of 7 (1,102 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: To people who switched to ATT, I am thinking about it but have a conern

If you're not a big texter, AT&T does offer pay-per-use texting at $.20 each (sent or received). That would make financial sense if you have less than 100 texts/month.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (1,094 Views)

There are apps (like Whatsapp, Handset, or Google Voice on Android) that send texts for free using your data connection. I don't know if there's a good one for Windows Phone OS, but it might pay to check.
Message 3 of 7 (1,011 Views)
Tutor

If you don't care about customer service or accuracy in billing, you might be happy with ATT. If you do care about those things then seek a company that does not make a habit of staffing their sales centers with lying liars who lie out their lying lie holes.

worst customer service I have ever experienced bar none.
Message 4 of 7 (884 Views)
Contributor

I wouldn't go with att stick with verizon.  Att makes arrangements with you and then changes them they are not dependable

Message 5 of 7 (465 Views)
Community Manager

Hi @cef148 

Do you have a specific issue we can help you with? You can send us a private message by clicking here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7 (462 Views)
Contributor

I wouldn't do it, My experience with AT&T has been nothing but stress. I use to be a Verizon customer, and had no complaints with them. AT&T sales associates will lie just to get get your money, I now have a 882 dollar bill for an early termination fee, when I asked multiple times, "If I cancel this number, will there be any fees." and was told "no, becuase the contract is up." and go figure...customer support can't do anything about it. switching from Verizon to At&T would be a huge mistake. I can't wait for my contract to be up so I can switch back.

Message 7 of 7 (407 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.