There must be a way to register a complaint about ATT billing practices

Tutor

There must be a way to register a complaint about ATT billing practices

I have had an AT&T account for over a decade. For a while, my wife and I shared a 1GB Mobile Share Plan. Then, AT&T began offering the 10GB Mobile Share Plan for the same price we were paying for 1GB. I read the details presented to try and find "the catch", but AT&T's information indicated everything would be the same. So I changed plans.

Wrong move. My next bill was over $50 higher than my previous months' bill. Thus was due to the fact that a credit for our two phone lines would not be phased in until two months had elapsed. AT&T never disclosed the fact that the credit would be delayed. AT&T's online chat representative was slow and unresponsive to my questions and concerns, only adding to my frustrations.

There must be a way in which customers can register complaints about AT&T's inadequate pricing disclosures, without having to make some poor customer service representative (who can't do anything about it) sit there and mouth niceties in an attempt to placate our frustrations.

AT&T Complaint Department, if you're reading, you should do a better job as a company in identifying your hidden costs and fees to customers. If you're going to advertise a plan at a specific price, you should give customers that price, instead of relying on gimmicks like pending discounts that don't kick in for months. I am severely disappointed in this company, and am seriously considering moving my service once my contract is up. Not only was the pricing situation a disappointment, but the fact that you provide no avenue for complaints and no manner for taking responsibility for these cheap tricks and ploys only adds to my growing frustration.

Message 1 of 24
Scholar

Re: There must be a way to register a complaint about ATT billing practices

My bill just arrived after switching to the Mobile Share Plan and all 3 lines were charged at $15 per line.

I am not happy about the price of a new phone but the plan is better than we had.  We used less than 1G of our 10G plan.

Message 16 of 24
Contributor

I am very disappointed in AT & T after being a customer for almost 20 years.  They are penalizing those who currently have plans and want to upgrade because their phone is not working any longer.  If the upgrade took place prior to Feb 1 could get the 10G plan for $10 less than I am currently having to pay for my 2G plan.  This is crazy.  I am tempted to switch to Tmobile where they will buy out the contracts on my current plans.  There should be a way to contact AT & T via U.S. mail instead of only by phone or internet chat.  Neither of these services can help a person, all they say is their hands are tied.  That is bull.  That is not good customer service.  Sometimes I feel like AT & T really doesn't want to keep their customers.  They don't care because they are so large of a company.  What happen to mom and pop companies.  ;(  As soon as I find something out there better, I will strongly consider switching from AT & T.  They use to care about their customers.

Message 17 of 24
Expert

terrelltucker13 wrote:

I am very disappointed in AT & T after being a customer for almost 20 years.  They are penalizing those who currently have plans and want to upgrade because their phone is not working any longer.  If the upgrade took place prior to Feb 1 could get the 10G plan for $10 less than I am currently having to pay for my 2G plan.  This is crazy.  I am tempted to switch to Tmobile where they will buy out the contracts on my current plans.  There should be a way to contact AT & T via U.S. mail instead of only by phone or internet chat.  Neither of these services can help a person, all they say is their hands are tied.  That is bull.  That is not good customer service.  Sometimes I feel like AT & T really doesn't want to keep their customers.  They don't care because they are so large of a company.  What happen to mom and pop companies.  ;(  As soon as I find something out there better, I will strongly consider switching from AT & T.  They use to care about their customers.

You can always switch you plan to the 10GB one and you should be able to upgrade your phone via the Next plan (this is the only way you will get the 15.00 phone rate if you upgrade)

You can contact ATT through this forum by sending a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 18 of 24
Contributor

As a customer I shouldn't have to be penalized by taking the next plan.  That would be paying full price for a phone that I got for free from Best Buy.  I would have to be crazy to do that.  Still very disappointed in AT & T and tired of gettinig the response of returning the phone and getting one from Amazon or going with the next plan. This is unacceptable and a rip off.

Message 19 of 24
ACE - Expert

AT&T and most of the major carriers are no longer subsidizing phone costs. They have reduced monthly plans for those out of contract. One way or another you will pay for the phone, either by using NEXT (paying for phone over time), paying full price up front, or if you do have AT&T subsidize the phone, you pay more per month on your phone plan.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 24

Lets just started by saying that I called ATT and visited a corporate store to confirm that I will get the line for $15.

ATT and this MSV is misleading no one from the customer service or the store is aware of their own promotion.  I added to line to my account after I confirm that I will get each line for $15 and the $100 bill credit.  So my first billing cycle has past and I am still being charged $40.  After hours of being on the phone, they politely tell me that we screw you and theres nothing we going to do about it, plus they also inform me that I am not the first one to be screwed. Secondly, I cant return the phones back without payint the termination fee.

So I am reaching out to see if anyone has been able to get this resolve and do I have a case here for false advertisment and misleading customers.

Message 21 of 24
Tutor

This post from an AT&T employee is indicative of the confusion and obfuscation on the part of the company with regards to its pricing. The employee writes: "There should be no delay for the credits to phase in." Does he or she not believe me when I tell them my bill increased by $50 a month? The truth is there was a delay for the credits to phase in, and this delay was not disclosed at any point before I switched plans.

The employee writes: "There is also no catch. Everything should be in back and white." Again, does he or she not believe me when I tell them that I was quoted one price ($130) and was charged a much higher one ($180)? I think it is clear that there is a catch - depending on when your current plan expires you will be left paying a much higher price than the one advertised at $130.

Again, the employee writes: "There is no delay to my knowledge, and this is the first I am hearing about this." It is clear that these pricing policies are just as confusing and obtuse to AT&T employees as they are to its customers.

Finally, the employee writes: "Could the increase in your bill be proration?" This indicates to me that instead of taking my complaints seriously, AT&T's employee has chosen to believe that the extra $50 a month I'm being charged is nothing more than my inability to read my own monthly bill.

AT&T - underhanded in its pricing policies and condescending in its customer service.

Message 22 of 24

The problem is they don't tell you this when you go in and ask for information.  I got on chat for almost two hours and was told the same thing - $15 per line.  Yet two lines are billed at $40.  I also tried to do it at the beginning of my billing cycle - the rep insisted on doing it that day but assured me they would back date it to the 6th (start of my bill cycle).  Got the bill - prorated charges of course.  I've been assured someone will contact me but no email yet (way over 48 hours later).  AND an extra $116.06 showing overdue that no one can tell me where it came from.  FUN TIMES

Message 23 of 24
Highlighted
Employee

OtoMax.

I'm a he.

This forum is a public place for everyone to post aid or suggestions. As my employee tag states, my thoughts are my own and don't represent AT&T. I took time to try and understand your situation to try and help. Unfortunately my words just got twisted around into me assuming you don't know how to read your bill properly. I apologize that you feel that I viewed you as the way you described.

Feel free to send AT&T Care on here a private message and they'll be glad to assist you and help find a resolution.

Thanks for being the best part of AT&T.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 24
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support