Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 5, 2014
8:22:29 PM
View profile
There must be a way to register a complaint about ATT billing practices

I have had an AT&T account for over a decade. For a while, my wife and I shared a 1GB Mobile Share Plan. Then, AT&T began offering the 10GB Mobile Share Plan for the same price we were paying for 1GB. I read the details presented to try and find "the catch", but AT&T's information indicated everything would be the same. So I changed plans.

Wrong move. My next bill was over $50 higher than my previous months' bill. Thus was due to the fact that a credit for our two phone lines would not be phased in until two months had elapsed. AT&T never disclosed the fact that the credit would be delayed. AT&T's online chat representative was slow and unresponsive to my questions and concerns, only adding to my frustrations.

There must be a way in which customers can register complaints about AT&T's inadequate pricing disclosures, without having to make some poor customer service representative (who can't do anything about it) sit there and mouth niceties in an attempt to placate our frustrations.

AT&T Complaint Department, if you're reading, you should do a better job as a company in identifying your hidden costs and fees to customers. If you're going to advertise a plan at a specific price, you should give customers that price, instead of relying on gimmicks like pending discounts that don't kick in for months. I am severely disappointed in this company, and am seriously considering moving my service once my contract is up. Not only was the pricing situation a disappointment, but the fact that you provide no avenue for complaints and no manner for taking responsibility for these cheap tricks and ploys only adds to my growing frustration.

I have had an AT&T account for over a decade. For a while, my wife and I shared a 1GB Mobile Share Plan. Then, AT&T began offering the 10GB Mobile Share Plan for the same price we were paying for 1GB. I read the details presented to try and find "the catch", but AT&T's information indicated everything would be the same. So I changed plans.

Wrong move. My next bill was over $50 higher than my previous months' bill. Thus was due to the fact that a credit for our two phone lines would not be phased in until two months had elapsed. AT&T never disclosed the fact that the credit would be delayed. AT&T's online chat representative was slow and unresponsive to my questions and concerns, only adding to my frustrations.

There must be a way in which customers can register complaints about AT&T's inadequate pricing disclosures, without having to make some poor customer service representative (who can't do anything about it) sit there and mouth niceties in an attempt to placate our frustrations.

AT&T Complaint Department, if you're reading, you should do a better job as a company in identifying your hidden costs and fees to customers. If you're going to advertise a plan at a specific price, you should give customers that price, instead of relying on gimmicks like pending discounts that don't kick in for months. I am severely disappointed in this company, and am seriously considering moving my service once my contract is up. Not only was the pricing situation a disappointment, but the fact that you provide no avenue for complaints and no manner for taking responsibility for these cheap tricks and ploys only adds to my growing frustration.

There must be a way to register a complaint about ATT billing practices

23 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(23)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 8:35:55 PM
(0)
Employee

There should be no delay for the credits to phase in.

There is also no catch. Everything should be in back and white.

A 10 GIG Plan is $100 for your bucket of data. Each SmartPhone on this plan is $15 or $40 a month depending on its criteria.

If you signed a two year agreement prior to Feb 1 2014, are under no contract, or sign the next installment plan you qualify for the $15 price. If you sign a two year agreement after Feb 1 2014, you will pay the $40 until the two year agreement is up, at which point it will revert to the $15 line pricing.

There is no delay to my knowledge, and this is the first I am hearing about this.

Could the increase in your bill be proration?

Did you sign a contract after Feb 1 of this year which would put you on the $40 line charge instead of $15?

There should be no delay for the credits to phase in.

There is also no catch. Everything should be in back and white.

A 10 GIG Plan is $100 for your bucket of data. Each SmartPhone on this plan is $15 or $40 a month depending on its criteria.

If you signed a two year agreement prior to Feb 1 2014, are under no contract, or sign the next installment plan you qualify for the $15 price. If you sign a two year agreement after Feb 1 2014, you will pay the $40 until the two year agreement is up, at which point it will revert to the $15 line pricing.

There is no delay to my knowledge, and this is the first I am hearing about this.

Could the increase in your bill be proration?

Did you sign a contract after Feb 1 of this year which would put you on the $40 line charge instead of $15?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: There must be a way to register a complaint about ATT billing practices

2 of 24 (1,585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 7:28:07 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by dave.m2bits on Mar 6, 2014 at 7:30:57 AM

"If you signed a two year agreement prior to Feb 1 2014, are under no contract, or sign the next installment plan you qualify for the $15 price. If you sign a two year agreement after Feb 1 2014, you will pay the $40 until the two year agreement is up, at which point it will revert to the $15 line pricing"

Are you abolutely sure of this.  That is what I was told by three employees before I switched over the the Share Plan.  But many people that have received their bill are reporting that they are charged $40 per line when they were expecting $15.  ATT doesn't seem to be honoring the $15 price unless previous customers that convert are beyond their two year contract.  Is ATT going to charge me $40 per line unitl my previous contract expires or $40 per line for the next two years?  Does any ATT employee know?

"If you signed a two year agreement prior to Feb 1 2014, are under no contract, or sign the next installment plan you qualify for the $15 price. If you sign a two year agreement after Feb 1 2014, you will pay the $40 until the two year agreement is up, at which point it will revert to the $15 line pricing"

Are you abolutely sure of this.  That is what I was told by three employees before I switched over the the Share Plan.  But many people that have received their bill are reporting that they are charged $40 per line when they were expecting $15.  ATT doesn't seem to be honoring the $15 price unless previous customers that convert are beyond their two year contract.  Is ATT going to charge me $40 per line unitl my previous contract expires or $40 per line for the next two years?  Does any ATT employee know?

[ Edited ]
3 of 24 (1,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 9:55:33 AM
(0)
Expert

dave.m2bits wrote:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=yKiX0roX6QJ

dave.m2bits wrote:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=yKiX0roX6QJ

4 of 24 (1,522 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 2:33:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

This has happened to me as well.

I was previously on a 2-line plan that was somewhere around $152 a month, so about a week ago I requested to swap to the mobile share 10 GB plan, which is listed as $130 a month for 2 lines. I specified that it was to take effect immediately upon my next bill cycle (i was about a week away from the current billing cycle ending).

My bill showed up as being significantly higher at $190 a month. When I checked the items listed, it did list that I had the mobile share 10 GB for $100, but then that each phone line was $40 instead of the advertised $15/line.

I talked to the online chat support and didn't really get anything worthwhile of an answer. The person claimed that the system delays the $15/month by 1-2 additional billing cycles (she didn't really do a very good job of explaining why though). She also claimed (or at least to what I could understand) that all the overcharged amount gets applied to future bills once the $15/month rate takes place, but I'm not sure if she actually explained it as such as her wording was terrible on it.

I just want to know if that was true, and if so, why is it that the $15/line rate is delayed while all the other rates/fees are applied instantly? Is it just a cheap tactic to steal some extra money from us?

This has happened to me as well.

I was previously on a 2-line plan that was somewhere around $152 a month, so about a week ago I requested to swap to the mobile share 10 GB plan, which is listed as $130 a month for 2 lines. I specified that it was to take effect immediately upon my next bill cycle (i was about a week away from the current billing cycle ending).

My bill showed up as being significantly higher at $190 a month. When I checked the items listed, it did list that I had the mobile share 10 GB for $100, but then that each phone line was $40 instead of the advertised $15/line.

I talked to the online chat support and didn't really get anything worthwhile of an answer. The person claimed that the system delays the $15/month by 1-2 additional billing cycles (she didn't really do a very good job of explaining why though). She also claimed (or at least to what I could understand) that all the overcharged amount gets applied to future bills once the $15/month rate takes place, but I'm not sure if she actually explained it as such as her wording was terrible on it.

I just want to know if that was true, and if so, why is it that the $15/line rate is delayed while all the other rates/fees are applied instantly? Is it just a cheap tactic to steal some extra money from us?

5 of 24 (1,508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 2:36:48 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ecmillan on Mar 6, 2014 at 2:37:44 PM

I was told about a delay of a few months as well in my online support chat-

Support: As I double check, the $15/line will take effect after 1-2 billing cycles and it will automatically adjusted once it takes effect.
Me: So despite me switching to mobile share which is currently effective, the actual price of $15 is not effective?
Support: Yes, not yet effective. But don't worry, it will be automatically adjusted once it is effective.
Me: Is there any reason for why it is delayed 1-2 billing cycles while the rest of the rates are changed immediately?
Support: Actually the plan is already effective, it's just that the $15/line has a delay.
Me: That's not really answering my question as to why the $15/line price is delayed while all of the other fees/rates change immediately
Support: Let me double check.
Support: Upon verifying the effectivity of this plan, it's the system who will determine the actual activation of the new rates per line. It is normally 1-2 billing cycles.

I was told about a delay of a few months as well in my online support chat-

Support: As I double check, the $15/line will take effect after 1-2 billing cycles and it will automatically adjusted once it takes effect.
Me: So despite me switching to mobile share which is currently effective, the actual price of $15 is not effective?
Support: Yes, not yet effective. But don't worry, it will be automatically adjusted once it is effective.
Me: Is there any reason for why it is delayed 1-2 billing cycles while the rest of the rates are changed immediately?
Support: Actually the plan is already effective, it's just that the $15/line has a delay.
Me: That's not really answering my question as to why the $15/line price is delayed while all of the other fees/rates change immediately
Support: Let me double check.
Support: Upon verifying the effectivity of this plan, it's the system who will determine the actual activation of the new rates per line. It is normally 1-2 billing cycles.

[ Edited ]
6 of 24 (1,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 2:47:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

I was told if you had a phone under contract that was entered into before Feb 1st, 2014 it would be treated as a non contracted phone under the Mobile Share Value Plan and be charged at $15 per month. I will get my new bill in 11 days and I am not paying any phased in rate plan. This is about the poorest excuse yet for screwing up a bill and charging you more than you were paying before.

There are way too many of these $40 per line instead of the $15 per line charges.

I was told if you had a phone under contract that was entered into before Feb 1st, 2014 it would be treated as a non contracted phone under the Mobile Share Value Plan and be charged at $15 per month. I will get my new bill in 11 days and I am not paying any phased in rate plan. This is about the poorest excuse yet for screwing up a bill and charging you more than you were paying before.

There are way too many of these $40 per line instead of the $15 per line charges.

7 of 24 (1,503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 1:09:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am in the same boat.  I was told the price would be $130 for 10gb and 2 lines. Instead of $15 each phone I was charged $40 and ATT would not credit my account even though there was a system billing "glitch."

I reported ATT to the FCC for deceptive billing practices. 

I am in the same boat.  I was told the price would be $130 for 10gb and 2 lines. Instead of $15 each phone I was charged $40 and ATT would not credit my account even though there was a system billing "glitch."

8 of 24 (1,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 4:29:45 PM
(0)
Expert

Dlfl wrote:

Question on the 2 lines where they under a 2 year agreement? According to the website only smartphones on the next plan or ones that have no service commitment are eligible for the 15.00 a month cost

Dlfl wrote:

Question on the 2 lines where they under a 2 year agreement? According to the website only smartphones on the next plan or ones that have no service commitment are eligible for the 15.00 a month cost

9 of 24 (1,437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 5:34:58 PM
(0)
Guru

It's so odd. I've seen this thread and another with others having the same issue. For some reason, on mine, it worked out fine and I get charged 40 dollars but also get a 25 dollar credit for each line. All my lines are under contract. I switched to the 10 gb plan before feb 2nd. Did you guys switch after that time?

It's so odd. I've seen this thread and another with others having the same issue. For some reason, on mine, it worked out fine and I get charged 40 dollars but also get a 25 dollar credit for each line. All my lines are under contract. I switched to the 10 gb plan before feb 2nd. Did you guys switch after that time?

10 of 24 (1,432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 6:43:23 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by T-Boy on Mar 7, 2014 at 6:48:25 PM

ujmnz wrote:

ujmnz wrote:

This is the exact wording from the plan advertisement showing the $15 price per line for exising customers under contract.

"existing customers, including those on a 2-year agreement before February 2, 2014, can easily move to these plans. Sign up today!"

Is there anything more plain than this.

PS: The Mobile Share Value Plan we are discussing didn't start till till Feb 1st so you couldn't have signed up for this plan till then.

ujmnz wrote:

ujmnz wrote:

This is the exact wording from the plan advertisement showing the $15 price per line for exising customers under contract.

"existing customers, including those on a 2-year agreement before February 2, 2014, can easily move to these plans. Sign up today!"

PS: The Mobile Share Value Plan we are discussing didn't start till till Feb 1st so you couldn't have signed up for this plan till then.

[ Edited ]
11 of 24 (1,423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 7:02:49 PM
(0)
Guru

T-Boy wrote:

ujmnz wrote:

ujmnz wrote:

Some customers like myself are getting the correct pricing. Just trying to see what the differences are between people getting correct pricing vs incorrect pricing. I switched to the mobile share value on feb 1 knowing this change was coming. Just wondering when others changed or if they had it before feb 2

T-Boy wrote:

ujmnz wrote:

ujmnz wrote:

Some customers like myself are getting the correct pricing. Just trying to see what the differences are between people getting correct pricing vs incorrect pricing. I switched to the mobile share value on feb 1 knowing this change was coming. Just wondering when others changed or if they had it before feb 2

12 of 24 (1,419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 5:08:40 AM
(0)
Scholar

I am sure some of them received new contracted phones at a substidized price after Feb 2 because this was not made clear for many people. My first bill comes in about 10 days and I will see what happens.

Does AT&T think people changed plans with the same phones and same lines to pay more each month.

My problem is when I asked to go back to my old plan 2 weeks after changing I was told I couldn't go back. Then a different department said they would submit my request and see what happens. I finally decided to wait 9 more months and all my phones would be out of contract and I will go with the best deal.

This is if my lines are billed at $15 and not $40.

I am sure some of them received new contracted phones at a substidized price after Feb 2 because this was not made clear for many people. My first bill comes in about 10 days and I will see what happens.

Does AT&T think people changed plans with the same phones and same lines to pay more each month.

My problem is when I asked to go back to my old plan 2 weeks after changing I was told I couldn't go back. Then a different department said they would submit my request and see what happens. I finally decided to wait 9 more months and all my phones would be out of contract and I will go with the best deal.

This is if my lines are billed at $15 and not $40.

13 of 24 (1,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 11:33:18 AM
(0)
Community Support

@otomax ,

Would you like for us to review this for you? We'd be happy to help.  If you send us a private message by clicking here one of our managers will be in touch.  Include your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@otomax ,

Would you like for us to review this for you? We'd be happy to help.  If you send us a private message by clicking here one of our managers will be in touch.  Include your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

14 of 24 (1,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 8:42:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

This happened to me too.  I changed from the "Family Talk" plan to the data plan -- 10 GB, 2 phones at $15/each/month because I had a contract prior to 2/1.  I signed up online after getting the info at an AT&T store.  Employee must have forgotten to give me page 2 of the printout with the fine print (I now know it is footnote #6) telling me that if I signed up for another 2-year contract that the price would go up to $40/phone.  Later, I upgraded my phones and now my bill is $50+tax higher.  The only reason I did the 10GB of data is because the employee convinced me to since it would be the same price as 8GB (because the per month phone price was $15 lower)  Now I can't get my old plan back, nor can I change to 6GB or 8GB for advertised prices.  To change my plan to 6GB will cost $160 month just for data PLUS $80 for phones.   I got screwed for being a loyal (10-11 year) customer.

I haven't decided whether to pay this for 2 years and then go to another service or whether to pay $650 to break my contract.  It really bothers me to associate with a company that has so little respect for their customers.  I feel like I have been a victim of a bate-and-switch scam.

This happened to me too.  I changed from the "Family Talk" plan to the data plan -- 10 GB, 2 phones at $15/each/month because I had a contract prior to 2/1.  I signed up online after getting the info at an AT&T store.  Employee must have forgotten to give me page 2 of the printout with the fine print (I now know it is footnote #6) telling me that if I signed up for another 2-year contract that the price would go up to $40/phone.  Later, I upgraded my phones and now my bill is $50+tax higher.  The only reason I did the 10GB of data is because the employee convinced me to since it would be the same price as 8GB (because the per month phone price was $15 lower)  Now I can't get my old plan back, nor can I change to 6GB or 8GB for advertised prices.  To change my plan to 6GB will cost $160 month just for data PLUS $80 for phones.   I got screwed for being a loyal (10-11 year) customer.

I haven't decided whether to pay this for 2 years and then go to another service or whether to pay $650 to break my contract.  It really bothers me to associate with a company that has so little respect for their customers.  I feel like I have been a victim of a bate-and-switch scam.

15 of 24 (1,051 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 11:02:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

My bill just arrived after switching to the Mobile Share Plan and all 3 lines were charged at $15 per line.

I am not happy about the price of a new phone but the plan is better than we had.  We used less than 1G of our 10G plan.

My bill just arrived after switching to the Mobile Share Plan and all 3 lines were charged at $15 per line.

I am not happy about the price of a new phone but the plan is better than we had.  We used less than 1G of our 10G plan.

16 of 24 (1,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2014 12:55:56 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by terrelltucker13 on Mar 23, 2014 at 1:14:42 PM

I am very disappointed in AT & T after being a customer for almost 20 years.  They are penalizing those who currently have plans and want to upgrade because their phone is not working any longer.  If the upgrade took place prior to Feb 1 could get the 10G plan for $10 less than I am currently having to pay for my 2G plan.  This is crazy.  I am tempted to switch to Tmobile where they will buy out the contracts on my current plans.  There should be a way to contact AT & T via U.S. mail instead of only by phone or internet chat.  Neither of these services can help a person, all they say is their hands are tied.  That is bull.  That is not good customer service.  Sometimes I feel like AT & T really doesn't want to keep their customers.  They don't care because they are so large of a company.  What happen to mom and pop companies.  ;(  As soon as I find something out there better, I will strongly consider switching from AT & T.  They use to care about their customers.

I am very disappointed in AT & T after being a customer for almost 20 years.  They are penalizing those who currently have plans and want to upgrade because their phone is not working any longer.  If the upgrade took place prior to Feb 1 could get the 10G plan for $10 less than I am currently having to pay for my 2G plan.  This is crazy.  I am tempted to switch to Tmobile where they will buy out the contracts on my current plans.  There should be a way to contact AT & T via U.S. mail instead of only by phone or internet chat.  Neither of these services can help a person, all they say is their hands are tied.  That is bull.  That is not good customer service.  Sometimes I feel like AT & T really doesn't want to keep their customers.  They don't care because they are so large of a company.  What happen to mom and pop companies.  ;(  As soon as I find something out there better, I will strongly consider switching from AT & T.  They use to care about their customers.

[ Edited ]
17 of 24 (954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2014 2:25:04 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Mar 24, 2014 at 1:34:08 PM

terrelltucker13 wrote:

You can always switch you plan to the 10GB one and you should be able to upgrade your phone via the Next plan (this is the only way you will get the 15.00 phone rate if you upgrade)

You can contact ATT through this forum by sending a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

terrelltucker13 wrote:

You can always switch you plan to the 10GB one and you should be able to upgrade your phone via the Next plan (this is the only way you will get the 15.00 phone rate if you upgrade)

You can contact ATT through this forum by sending a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

[ Edited ]
18 of 24 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 7:42:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

As a customer I shouldn't have to be penalized by taking the next plan.  That would be paying full price for a phone that I got for free from Best Buy.  I would have to be crazy to do that.  Still very disappointed in AT & T and tired of gettinig the response of returning the phone and getting one from Amazon or going with the next plan. This is unacceptable and a rip off.

As a customer I shouldn't have to be penalized by taking the next plan.  That would be paying full price for a phone that I got for free from Best Buy.  I would have to be crazy to do that.  Still very disappointed in AT & T and tired of gettinig the response of returning the phone and getting one from Amazon or going with the next plan. This is unacceptable and a rip off.

19 of 24 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 8:38:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by kdfederer on Mar 24, 2014 at 8:39:19 AM

AT&T and most of the major carriers are no longer subsidizing phone costs. They have reduced monthly plans for those out of contract. One way or another you will pay for the phone, either by using NEXT (paying for phone over time), paying full price up front, or if you do have AT&T subsidize the phone, you pay more per month on your phone plan.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

AT&T and most of the major carriers are no longer subsidizing phone costs. They have reduced monthly plans for those out of contract. One way or another you will pay for the phone, either by using NEXT (paying for phone over time), paying full price up front, or if you do have AT&T subsidize the phone, you pay more per month on your phone plan.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
20 of 24 (895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 12:00:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

Lets just started by saying that I called ATT and visited a corporate store to confirm that I will get the line for $15.

ATT and this MSV is misleading no one from the customer service or the store is aware of their own promotion.  I added to line to my account after I confirm that I will get each line for $15 and the $100 bill credit.  So my first billing cycle has past and I am still being charged $40.  After hours of being on the phone, they politely tell me that we screw you and theres nothing we going to do about it, plus they also inform me that I am not the first one to be screwed. Secondly, I cant return the phones back without payint the termination fee.

So I am reaching out to see if anyone has been able to get this resolve and do I have a case here for false advertisment and misleading customers.

Lets just started by saying that I called ATT and visited a corporate store to confirm that I will get the line for $15.

ATT and this MSV is misleading no one from the customer service or the store is aware of their own promotion.  I added to line to my account after I confirm that I will get each line for $15 and the $100 bill credit.  So my first billing cycle has past and I am still being charged $40.  After hours of being on the phone, they politely tell me that we screw you and theres nothing we going to do about it, plus they also inform me that I am not the first one to be screwed. Secondly, I cant return the phones back without payint the termination fee.

So I am reaching out to see if anyone has been able to get this resolve and do I have a case here for false advertisment and misleading customers.

21 of 24 (884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2014 7:34:04 AM
(0)
Tutor
This post from an AT&T employee is indicative of the confusion and obfuscation on the part of the company with regards to its pricing. The employee writes: "There should be no delay for the credits to phase in." Does he or she not believe me when I tell them my bill increased by $50 a month? The truth is there was a delay for the credits to phase in, and this delay was not disclosed at any point before I switched plans.

The employee writes: "There is also no catch. Everything should be in back and white." Again, does he or she not believe me when I tell them that I was quoted one price ($130) and was charged a much higher one ($180)? I think it is clear that there is a catch - depending on when your current plan expires you will be left paying a much higher price than the one advertised at $130.

Again, the employee writes: "There is no delay to my knowledge, and this is the first I am hearing about this." It is clear that these pricing policies are just as confusing and obtuse to AT&T employees as they are to its customers.

Finally, the employee writes: "Could the increase in your bill be proration?" This indicates to me that instead of taking my complaints seriously, AT&T's employee has chosen to believe that the extra $50 a month I'm being charged is nothing more than my inability to read my own monthly bill.

AT&T - underhanded in its pricing policies and condescending in its customer service.

This post from an AT&T employee is indicative of the confusion and obfuscation on the part of the company with regards to its pricing. The employee writes: "There should be no delay for the credits to phase in." Does he or she not believe me when I tell them my bill increased by $50 a month? The truth is there was a delay for the credits to phase in, and this delay was not disclosed at any point before I switched plans.

The employee writes: "There is also no catch. Everything should be in back and white." Again, does he or she not believe me when I tell them that I was quoted one price ($130) and was charged a much higher one ($180)? I think it is clear that there is a catch - depending on when your current plan expires you will be left paying a much higher price than the one advertised at $130.

Again, the employee writes: "There is no delay to my knowledge, and this is the first I am hearing about this." It is clear that these pricing policies are just as confusing and obtuse to AT&T employees as they are to its customers.

Finally, the employee writes: "Could the increase in your bill be proration?" This indicates to me that instead of taking my complaints seriously, AT&T's employee has chosen to believe that the extra $50 a month I'm being charged is nothing more than my inability to read my own monthly bill.

AT&T - underhanded in its pricing policies and condescending in its customer service.

22 of 24 (835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2014 9:51:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

The problem is they don't tell you this when you go in and ask for information.  I got on chat for almost two hours and was told the same thing - $15 per line.  Yet two lines are billed at $40.  I also tried to do it at the beginning of my billing cycle - the rep insisted on doing it that day but assured me they would back date it to the 6th (start of my bill cycle).  Got the bill - prorated charges of course.  I've been assured someone will contact me but no email yet (way over 48 hours later).  AND an extra $116.06 showing overdue that no one can tell me where it came from.  FUN TIMES

The problem is they don't tell you this when you go in and ask for information.  I got on chat for almost two hours and was told the same thing - $15 per line.  Yet two lines are billed at $40.  I also tried to do it at the beginning of my billing cycle - the rep insisted on doing it that day but assured me they would back date it to the 6th (start of my bill cycle).  Got the bill - prorated charges of course.  I've been assured someone will contact me but no email yet (way over 48 hours later).  AND an extra $116.06 showing overdue that no one can tell me where it came from.  FUN TIMES

23 of 24 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2014 9:59:51 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JMill09 on Mar 26, 2014 at 8:51:50 AM

OtoMax.

I'm a he.

This forum is a public place for everyone to post aid or suggestions. As my employee tag states, my thoughts are my own and don't represent AT&T. I took time to try and understand your situation to try and help. Unfortunately my words just got twisted around into me assuming you don't know how to read your bill properly. I apologize that you feel that I viewed you as the way you described.

Feel free to send AT&T Care on here a private message and they'll be glad to assist you and help find a resolution.

Thanks for being the best part of AT&T.

OtoMax.

I'm a he.

This forum is a public place for everyone to post aid or suggestions. As my employee tag states, my thoughts are my own and don't represent AT&T. I took time to try and understand your situation to try and help. Unfortunately my words just got twisted around into me assuming you don't know how to read your bill properly. I apologize that you feel that I viewed you as the way you described.

Feel free to send AT&T Care on here a private message and they'll be glad to assist you and help find a resolution.

Thanks for being the best part of AT&T.

[ Edited ]
24 of 24 (807 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments