Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 27, 2013
6:14:33 PM
The "insurance" you offer is fake

I love your fake insurance that you offer to your customers. You took my money every month and when I actually had a damaged phone my options were "insurance claim $200.00", upgrade $100-$200 or replacement with A LESSER phone. Insurance by design is to make a person whole on their loss not a lesser product....

Ok fine I have played your stupid games for YEARS so I know every time I walk into that store you will get $200 out of me one way or another. It's a fact I accepted a long time ago. So today I went in to just replace my phone. I had a 4S but you couldn't even do that for me. Nope. i was offered a subpar lesser version with less gigs because YOU stopped making it. Of course you did! So here I am typing on my BRAND NEW phone that cost me a ton of out of pocket money AGAIN. Every time I use it all I will think if is how much I hate hate hate your lying disgusting racket you put all of yoir customers through. Why if something goes wrong you can't just make us even and not the hazing ritual all of us have just come to accept and expect! You make me sick....

I love your fake insurance that you offer to your customers. You took my money every month and when I actually had a damaged phone my options were "insurance claim $200.00", upgrade $100-$200 or replacement with A LESSER phone. Insurance by design is to make a person whole on their loss not a lesser product....

Ok fine I have played your stupid games for YEARS so I know every time I walk into that store you will get $200 out of me one way or another. It's a fact I accepted a long time ago. So today I went in to just replace my phone. I had a 4S but you couldn't even do that for me. Nope. i was offered a subpar lesser version with less gigs because YOU stopped making it. Of course you did! So here I am typing on my BRAND NEW phone that cost me a ton of out of pocket money AGAIN. Every time I use it all I will think if is how much I hate hate hate your lying disgusting racket you put all of yoir customers through. Why if something goes wrong you can't just make us even and not the hazing ritual all of us have just come to accept and expect! You make me sick....

The "insurance" you offer is fake

42 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(42)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 12:16:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Nov 14, 2013 at 12:21:05 PM

kpryan1982 wrote:
And his complaint was that Asurion failed to offer him an iPhone 4S as replacement, but rather offered him a lesser device.

Just to rephrase slightly, the OP is complaining since they didn't offer him a phone that doesn't exist anymore (that would be a cool magic trick), or offer him a better phone then the phone he broke (that would be some pretty amazing insurance).

But they did offer to let him pay the difference for a better device.  Seems reasonable to me.

kpryan1982 wrote:
And his complaint was that Asurion failed to offer him an iPhone 4S as replacement, but rather offered him a lesser device.

Just to rephrase slightly, the OP is complaining since they didn't offer him a phone that doesn't exist anymore (that would be a cool magic trick), or offer him a better phone then the phone he broke (that would be some pretty amazing insurance).

But they did offer to let him pay the difference for a better device.  Seems reasonable to me.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: The "insurance" you offer is fake

[ Edited ]
31 of 43 (620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 12:20:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Nov 14, 2013 at 12:21:21 PM

Emholland90 wrote:
With Verizon if something happens to your phone, you are not required to get the same one, just one in the same price range.

The insurance plan offered by Verizon is managed by Asurion, same as AT&T.

Emholland90 wrote:
With Verizon if something happens to your phone, you are not required to get the same one, just one in the same price range.

The insurance plan offered by Verizon is managed by Asurion, same as AT&T.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
32 of 43 (621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 5:06:02 AM
(0)
Mentor
iPhone 4S doesn't exist anymore? Tell that to the one I'm holding in my hand...

I just searched amazon for iPhone 4S, quite a few on sale from a number of different vendors.

Asurion is in the business of insuring people's devices; it's there policy to replace devices from their own stock. It's there responsibility to stock popular devices. The iPhone 4S is a popular device. To not stock the iPhone 4S is a failure to provide service to their customers.

And guess what- some insurance companies actually do give better devices when their out of stock of the original device. But then again, those companies may need to keep their customers satisfied to stay in business, unlike Asurion.

I just searched amazon for iPhone 4S, quite a few on sale from a number of different vendors.

Asurion is in the business of insuring people's devices; it's there policy to replace devices from their own stock. It's there responsibility to stock popular devices. The iPhone 4S is a popular device. To not stock the iPhone 4S is a failure to provide service to their customers.

And guess what- some insurance companies actually do give better devices when their out of stock of the original device. But then again, those companies may need to keep their customers satisfied to stay in business, unlike Asurion.

33 of 43 (607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 7:45:22 AM
(0)
Expert

kpryan1982 wrote:

Give it a rest, try reading the terms of service - the device will be replaced with a like refurbished device or a comperable one if the original device is not available. Oh by the way, if you dig deep enough you will see that some of those "other insurance companies" are actually part of the same parent company underwritten by the same exact insurance company. Good luck in your endevors

kpryan1982 wrote:

Give it a rest, try reading the terms of service - the device will be replaced with a like refurbished device or a comperable one if the original device is not available. Oh by the way, if you dig deep enough you will see that some of those "other insurance companies" are actually part of the same parent company underwritten by the same exact insurance company. Good luck in your endevors

34 of 43 (591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 8:08:12 AM
(0)
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

Give it a rest, try reading the terms of service

I'd ask that you refrain from the personal insults. You have insulted my intelligence via PM before, I am asking you to please keep the open discussion civil.

I would say according to the OP and many negative reviews posted about Asurion, that given their inability to replace the insured device and practice of offering unsatisfactory replacements, Asurion are the ones violating these terms of service.

And I have reason to believe Asurion's "refurbished" devices are not held to the same quality control standards as Apple. To most customers "refurbished" implies a quality standard in line with that of the manufacturer. Thus, some customers will have reason to say that Asurion failed to hold up their end of the agreement.

wingrider01 wrote:

Give it a rest, try reading the terms of service

I'd ask that you refrain from the personal insults. You have insulted my intelligence via PM before, I am asking you to please keep the open discussion civil.

I would say according to the OP and many negative reviews posted about Asurion, that given their inability to replace the insured device and practice of offering unsatisfactory replacements, Asurion are the ones violating these terms of service.

And I have reason to believe Asurion's "refurbished" devices are not held to the same quality control standards as Apple. To most customers "refurbished" implies a quality standard in line with that of the manufacturer. Thus, some customers will have reason to say that Asurion failed to hold up their end of the agreement.

35 of 43 (587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 8:32:14 AM
(0)
Mentor
Also wingrider, I request that you post a list of device insurance companies that are owned by Asurion. That would be useful information for customers who are interested in insuring their devices, but prefer to avoid being ripped off by Asurion. Also since you've brought it up I think it would be nice if you provide us all with more specific information in that regard.
Also wingrider, I request that you post a list of device insurance companies that are owned by Asurion. That would be useful information for customers who are interested in insuring their devices, but prefer to avoid being ripped off by Asurion. Also since you've brought it up I think it would be nice if you provide us all with more specific information in that regard.

36 of 43 (582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 9:36:16 AM
(0)
Expert

kpryan1982 wrote:

Sorry no, don;t do research/consulting for nothing, peace out

kpryan1982 wrote:

Sorry no, don;t do research/consulting for nothing, peace out

37 of 43 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 9:52:14 AM
(0)
Mentor
I take that as a claim which you were unwilling to back up with evidence. It should therefore be dismissed. If you have something relevant and useful to add to the discussion please feel free to do so...
I take that as a claim which you were unwilling to back up with evidence. It should therefore be dismissed. If you have something relevant and useful to add to the discussion please feel free to do so...

38 of 43 (570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 7:32:54 AM
(0)
Employee

kpryan1982 wrote:

By not existing, they mean they don't make them anymore. They're "End of Life". They stopped manufacturaing this phone.  Yes, there are still 4s's out there...  but there's dinosaur bones out there, too.  xP

kpryan1982 wrote:

By not existing, they mean they don't make them anymore. They're "End of Life". They stopped manufacturaing this phone.  Yes, there are still 4s's out there...  but there's dinosaur bones out there, too.  xP

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

39 of 43 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 7:07:11 AM
(0)
Mentor
So what if they stopped manufacturing the phone? That's irrelevant, especially considering the fact the Asurion often gives used phones as a replacement.

As I said above, it's very easy to find used iPhone 4S in the online marketplaces; if I can go out and buy a used iPhone 4S for less than $400, why can't Asurion do the same? That's their job, actually. Since they promise to insure your device, they should make every effort to stock your device. They CLEARLY do NOT make every effort to do so.

Think of this way: if my phone gets stolen today, and I file a claim with Asurion, and they tell me they can't replace my iPhone 4S, I would be very upset. Why? Well, because I can buy a refurbished iPhone 4S myself from a reputable vendor... So why can't they??? What's their excuse??? They are clearly not making an effort to satisfy their customers. If they were, they would buy me an iPhone 4S to replace the one I had insured with them. If I can do it, so can they.
So what if they stopped manufacturing the phone? That's irrelevant, especially considering the fact the Asurion often gives used phones as a replacement.

As I said above, it's very easy to find used iPhone 4S in the online marketplaces; if I can go out and buy a used iPhone 4S for less than $400, why can't Asurion do the same? That's their job, actually. Since they promise to insure your device, they should make every effort to stock your device. They CLEARLY do NOT make every effort to do so.

Think of this way: if my phone gets stolen today, and I file a claim with Asurion, and they tell me they can't replace my iPhone 4S, I would be very upset. Why? Well, because I can buy a refurbished iPhone 4S myself from a reputable vendor... So why can't they??? What's their excuse??? They are clearly not making an effort to satisfy their customers. If they were, they would buy me an iPhone 4S to replace the one I had insured with them. If I can do it, so can they.

40 of 43 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 11:11:01 PM
(0)
Employee
"The same quality control as Apple"? I don't think Asurion claims to or advertises that they do. Furthermore 'insurance' can be purchased through Apple, it's referred to as 'Apple Care'
"The same quality control as Apple"? I don't think Asurion claims to or advertises that they do. Furthermore 'insurance' can be purchased through Apple, it's referred to as 'Apple Care'
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

41 of 43 (317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 3:32:11 PM
(0)
Expert

aGuyWhoKnows wrote:

Apple Care no longer exists, it was discontinued. Apple Care+ is not insurance, nor is it advertised or underwritten as such, Apple Care+ is a extended warrenty, it will cover your phone if lost or stolen and it can only be purchased at time of sale or within a 30 day period after purchase. The additional limitation is that it only has 2 incident limit and then it is terminated

http://store.apple.com/us/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare-for-iphone

AppleCare+ for iPhone

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone(1) and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax

Terms of service

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/docs/applecareplus.pdf

aGuyWhoKnows wrote:

Apple Care no longer exists, it was discontinued. Apple Care+ is not insurance, nor is it advertised or underwritten as such, Apple Care+ is a extended warrenty, it will cover your phone if lost or stolen and it can only be purchased at time of sale or within a 30 day period after purchase. The additional limitation is that it only has 2 incident limit and then it is terminated

http://store.apple.com/us/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare-for-iphone

AppleCare+ for iPhone

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone(1) and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax

Terms of service

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/docs/applecareplus.pdf

42 of 43 (287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 9:28:14 AM
(0)
Community Manager

We appreciate everyone's participation. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and is now closed.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

We appreciate everyone's participation. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and is now closed.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

43 of 43 (242 Views)