Text messages when phone is dead

Contributor

Text messages when phone is dead

Hi,

I have currently have a dead HTC Inspire Cat Indifferent because the charger is broken. I will be ordering another soon, but my question is: How long does ATT keep text messages sent to a phone that's off/dead? Will I still be able to see all the activity on my phone (text messages, missed calls, voicemails) that has happened when my phone is alive (possibly in 15 days or so) ?

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Text messages when phone is dead

rainboa wrote:

Hi,

I have currently have a dead HTC Inspire Cat Indifferent because the charger is broken. I will be ordering another soon, but my question is: How long does ATT keep text messages sent to a phone that's off/dead? Will I still be able to see all the activity on my phone (text messages, missed calls, voicemails) that has happened when my phone is alive (possibly in 15 days or so) ?

Normally you can charge the phone with the supplied USB cable and a USB port on your computer. Just make sure you plug it into a USB port that is on the machine and not on a external hub.

Don;t know the time to live setting on att's SMS system, but don;t think it is 15 days. 

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Text messages when phone is dead

wingrider01 wrote:

rainboa wrote:

Hi,

Normally you can charge the phone with the supplied USB cable and a USB port on your computer. Just make sure you plug it into a USB port that is on the machine and not on a external hub.

Don;t know the time to live setting on att's SMS system, but don;t think it is 15 days. 

I'm not totally sure but believe text messages are only kept for 48-72 hours. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support