Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 1, 2013
12:01:21 PM
View profile
Text messages when phone is dead
Edited by rainboa on Jul 1, 2013 at 12:03:12 PM

Hi,

I have currently have a dead HTC Inspire Cat Indifferent because the charger is broken. I will be ordering another soon, but my question is: How long does ATT keep text messages sent to a phone that's off/dead? Will I still be able to see all the activity on my phone (text messages, missed calls, voicemails) that has happened when my phone is alive (possibly in 15 days or so) ?

Hi,

I have currently have a dead HTC Inspire Cat Indifferent because the charger is broken. I will be ordering another soon, but my question is: How long does ATT keep text messages sent to a phone that's off/dead? Will I still be able to see all the activity on my phone (text messages, missed calls, voicemails) that has happened when my phone is alive (possibly in 15 days or so) ?

Text messages when phone is dead

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 3:17:02 PM
(0)
Expert

rainboa wrote:

Hi,

Normally you can charge the phone with the supplied USB cable and a USB port on your computer. Just make sure you plug it into a USB port that is on the machine and not on a external hub.

Don;t know the time to live setting on att's SMS system, but don;t think it is 15 days. 

rainboa wrote:

Hi,

Normally you can charge the phone with the supplied USB cable and a USB port on your computer. Just make sure you plug it into a USB port that is on the machine and not on a external hub.

Don;t know the time to live setting on att's SMS system, but don;t think it is 15 days. 

Re: Text messages when phone is dead

2 of 3 (860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 6:23:42 PM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

rainboa wrote:

Hi,

I'm not totally sure but believe text messages are only kept for 48-72 hours. 

wingrider01 wrote:

rainboa wrote:

Hi,

I'm not totally sure but believe text messages are only kept for 48-72 hours. 

Re: Text messages when phone is dead

3 of 3 (833 Views)