Text messages not received

Contributor

Text messages not received

I have been having TERRIBLE problems with text messages lately. I sent a dozen texts over the last 3 or 4 days to my girlfriend, NONE got through. Her texts back to me didn't get through. We have both been able to text other people. This is getting very annoying. Any thoughts? I use a smartphone, she doesn't, but we have been keeping in touch via text for the last couple of years.

Message 1 of 5 (709 Views)
Expert

Re: Text messages not received

d70ph0t06 wrote:

I have been having TERRIBLE problems with text messages lately. I sent a dozen texts over the last 3 or 4 days to my girlfriend, NONE got through. Her texts back to me didn't get through. We have both been able to text other people. This is getting very annoying. Any thoughts? I use a smartphone, she doesn't, but we have been keeping in touch via text for the last couple of years.

what smartphone? If you are using a iphone then make sure you have send as sms turned on in the Imessage settings

Message 2 of 5 (685 Views)
ACE - Master

wingrider01 wrote:

d70ph0t06 wrote:

what smartphone? If you are using a iphone then make sure you have send as sms turned on in the Imessage settings

If using an iPhone and if sending to a non-iMessage capable recipient, the message app will send as sms regardless of whether "send as SMS" is turned on or off. That setting only affects iMessages. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (645 Views)
Contributor

I have an iPhone5 and when try to text two friends with droid OS on Verizon, neither receive my texts nor do I receive theirs.

my daughter is on Verizon with iPhone4 and gets text from me ok and I get hers no problem.

Message 4 of 5 (534 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

You should visit a corporate store and have a representative check it out. If your settings are correct, it could be something like a bad SIM card or inaccurate account settings.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (501 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.