Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 28, 2012
10:31:31 AM
View profile
Text messages are not showing in account history

When I checked my account history this a.m. the texts that I sent and received are not in there.  Is there a problem?

When I checked my account history this a.m. the texts that I sent and received are not in there.  Is there a problem?

Text messages are not showing in account history

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2012 12:09:57 PM
(0)
Professor
It depends on how you sent them, and can also take up to 48 hours to show up in billing.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Text messages are not showing in account history

2 of 10 (27,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2012 7:31:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

I do think there must be a problem.  Now some texts that have been sent and DO show up on the phone history NEVER show up in the billing detail!  I've waited 24 hours....to weeks.  They never show up.  I haven't had this problem in the past, so I'm not sure what's up with it!  Hopefully they'll get it fixed! 

I do think there must be a problem.  Now some texts that have been sent and DO show up on the phone history NEVER show up in the billing detail!  I've waited 24 hours....to weeks.  They never show up.  I haven't had this problem in the past, so I'm not sure what's up with it!  Hopefully they'll get it fixed! 

3 of 10 (27,128 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2012 9:26:57 AM
(0)
Expert

If they are beig sent iphone to iphone with imessage they will not show up, that uses data and not sms transmisison

If they are beig sent iphone to iphone with imessage they will not show up, that uses data and not sms transmisison

4 of 10 (27,118 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2012 1:42:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks!  My confusion is regarding why they do sometimes and not others?  And...they used to always show up without fail. 

Thanks!  My confusion is regarding why they do sometimes and not others?  And...they used to always show up without fail. 

5 of 10 (27,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2012 3:24:27 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Nov 2, 2012 at 3:25:29 PM

mommel77 wrote:

iphone to iphone w/ Imessage = may not show up depending on how Imessage transmits, it tries data then can fall back to sms to send if data does not work. this is also dependant on the setting in Imessage, if sms is sent to off it will never send the message if it cannot through the native IMessage app

iphone to any other phone w/ imessage = sent via the sms interface, the number should show up all the time

mommel77 wrote:

iphone to iphone w/ Imessage = may not show up depending on how Imessage transmits, it tries data then can fall back to sms to send if data does not work. this is also dependant on the setting in Imessage, if sms is sent to off it will never send the message if it cannot through the native IMessage app

iphone to any other phone w/ imessage = sent via the sms interface, the number should show up all the time

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (27,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2014 4:05:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

This started about 1 month ago only out going Text messages are being logged on my online account.  Is there something that I need to change in my settings on my online account.  I have never had this issue before.

This started about 1 month ago only out going Text messages are being logged on my online account.  Is there something that I need to change in my settings on my online account.  I have never had this issue before.

7 of 10 (17,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2014 4:35:51 PM
(0)
Expert

Cheekie0538 wrote:

turn off Imessage and remove your device from you itunes profile

Cheekie0538 wrote:

turn off Imessage and remove your device from you itunes profile

8 of 10 (17,919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2014 8:43:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

How about for non iphone users?

I have the same thing happening on my android devices.

9 of 10 (16,866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2014 4:42:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jmeyers760 wrote:

Are you using the built in SMS app, or are you using a third party app like Viber, or something?  If you are using a third party app, then the messages are being sent as data, not SMS, so they show up in your normal data usage.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

jmeyers760 wrote:

Are you using the built in SMS app, or are you using a third party app like Viber, or something?  If you are using a third party app, then the messages are being sent as data, not SMS, so they show up in your normal data usage.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 10 (16,841 Views)