Text message privacy

Highlighted
Contributor

Text message privacy

I'm 20 years old and just joined my fathers plan. We are both new to iPhones. I pay my half of the phone bill, even though I do that I am concerned about if he is able to read my texts. Is there anyway he can do this? Like I said , I'm 20 and my privacy is pretty important to me. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 4 (586 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Text message privacy

The ONLY way he can read your texts is if reads them on your phone. He can look at the bill and see what numbers you are texting to and the ones that are texting you and the times, but he cannot read your texts.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (572 Views)
Contributor

Thank you! I know this sounds dumb, but can he track the actual phone ?
Message 3 of 4 (564 Views)
Master

Yes, there are apps available on the App Store that allow users to track smartphones and other iOS devices such as an iPhone. Disabling location services on your phone may prevent the application from tracking your location, but I am not completely sure as I have no prior experience with such applications. As long as you keep quiet, maybe the thought will never cross his mind? Smiley Tongue

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (556 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.