Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 31, 2013
7:54:44 AM
View profile
Text blocking, failure response?

I had talked to a customer who specifically wanted to make sure if she blocked a number, that person would get a text failed notice or something.

Does anyone have any experience if either the IOS 7 block, or smart limits would provide that?

-Alex

I had talked to a customer who specifically wanted to make sure if she blocked a number, that person would get a text failed notice or something.

Does anyone have any experience if either the IOS 7 block, or smart limits would provide that?

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Text blocking, failure response?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 8:10:27 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by logo412 on Dec 31, 2013 at 8:11:36 AM

Hi loganic,

If you use Smart Limits and block the text messaging, anyone who trys to send a text to that device will get a message saying that the message failed to send or will bouce back to the phone. Depends upon the model (iPhones for example will come back with "Not Sent"). will depend upon the message that is received.

I personally have not used the iOS 7 block, but I would assume it does something very similar.

Hi loganic,

If you use Smart Limits and block the text messaging, anyone who trys to send a text to that device will get a message saying that the message failed to send or will bouce back to the phone. Depends upon the model (iPhones for example will come back with "Not Sent"). will depend upon the message that is received.

I personally have not used the iOS 7 block, but I would assume it does something very similar.

Re: Text blocking, failure response?

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:59:41 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by applebuzzer on Jan 2, 2014 at 12:00:24 AM

you  can try on google its  best for you

you  can try on google its  best for you