Posted Feb 6, 2013
5:48:13 AM
View profile
Text Message Problems

My messages are showing as sent, but the other person (also on AT&T) is not recieving them. I am getting REALLY fed up. I also have to call my husband at least twice for his phone to even ring! Why is my service SUCKING all of a sudden?

My messages are showing as sent, but the other person (also on AT&T) is not recieving them. I am getting REALLY fed up. I also have to call my husband at least twice for his phone to even ring! Why is my service SUCKING all of a sudden?

Text Message Problems

9 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 6:33:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

I have also been experiencing this behavior. Text messages are always unreliable, however the problem appears to have become more acute over the last week.

I have also been experiencing this behavior. Text messages are always unreliable, however the problem appears to have become more acute over the last week.

Re: Text Message Problems

2 of 10 (7,518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 6:46:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

Well I guess I am glad to know it's not just me. But not happy that this is happening. I just talked to a friend on facebook chat and asked if she ever got a text I sent and she didn't. Can't believe facebook is more reliable than my phone.....

Well I guess I am glad to know it's not just me. But not happy that this is happening. I just talked to a friend on facebook chat and asked if she ever got a text I sent and she didn't. Can't believe facebook is more reliable than my phone.....

3 of 10 (7,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 7:29:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am having the same issue.  The issue with the phone calls was yesterday and today the calls seem to work but no texts.  This is very frustrating!!!!!

I am having the same issue.  The issue with the phone calls was yesterday and today the calls seem to work but no texts.  This is very frustrating!!!!!

4 of 10 (7,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 6:51:27 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Feb 8, 2013 at 8:21:00 AM

Hey folks, 

Are you still seeing an issue with sending text messages?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hey folks, 

Are you still seeing an issue with sending text messages?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (7,304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 11:33:24 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by jamileh on Feb 12, 2013 at 6:22:50 AM

i too cant send or recieve txt or picture msgs.... wat the <nope>?!????!!!!!

i too cant send or recieve txt or picture msgs.... wat the <nope>?!????!!!!!

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (7,212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 6:23:46 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you're having an issue with text messages. How long has it been happening?

What city/state are you located in?

Have you done any troubleshooting?

--------------

I'm sorry you're having an issue with text messages. How long has it been happening?

What city/state are you located in?

Have you done any troubleshooting?

--------------

7 of 10 (7,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2013 6:09:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am located in San Antonio, and I have been having this issue for a few weeks now.  I have the HTC One X, and this phone seems to have more than its share of this problem.  If I don't send a test text to myself every hour, I am not sure if I will get any text messages.  Oftentimes, this will kick off a "message storm" of texts from earlier in the hour.  I am also not getting all of my calls.  I will have someone say that they tried to call me, and just got directed to voicemail...or not even get to voicemail.

This is ridiculous that we are having to play with the phone to force it to deliver service.

I have changed my SIM, replaced the phone, rebuilt my phone, and reported this issue a number of times.  What has changed...nada...zip...zilch.  I get the excuse that the network towers in my area are degraded...or wait...no...it is your phone....or...it is an issue with the HTC software...no...it is the towers.  Which issue is it...and why hasn't it been fixed in the year since people have been hammering AT&T about this problem.

If I could change to a different provider, I would be gone. 

I am located in San Antonio, and I have been having this issue for a few weeks now.  I have the HTC One X, and this phone seems to have more than its share of this problem.  If I don't send a test text to myself every hour, I am not sure if I will get any text messages.  Oftentimes, this will kick off a "message storm" of texts from earlier in the hour.  I am also not getting all of my calls.  I will have someone say that they tried to call me, and just got directed to voicemail...or not even get to voicemail.

This is ridiculous that we are having to play with the phone to force it to deliver service.

I have changed my SIM, replaced the phone, rebuilt my phone, and reported this issue a number of times.  What has changed...nada...zip...zilch.  I get the excuse that the network towers in my area are degraded...or wait...no...it is your phone....or...it is an issue with the HTC software...no...it is the towers.  Which issue is it...and why hasn't it been fixed in the year since people have been hammering AT&T about this problem.

If I could change to a different provider, I would be gone. 

8 of 10 (7,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2013 7:04:21 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Sorry we haven't been able to resolve this for you. 

Will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? Let's see if there is something else we can do.  

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

Sorry we haven't been able to resolve this for you. 

Will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? Let's see if there is something else we can do.  

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

9 of 10 (7,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 12:51:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

Went to the AT&T store. Tech reset my phone. He said he had not heard of this issue and yet here it is on the att Site. Amazing. All I can say is that whall the Altel customers get this service, they will be pst. Good luck. 

Went to the AT&T store. Tech reset my phone. He said he had not heard of this issue and yet here it is on the att Site. Amazing. All I can say is that whall the Altel customers get this service, they will be pst. Good luck. 

10 of 10 (3,663 Views)