Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 11, 2013
6:02:15 PM
Tethering

It appears that postings here languish without any responses.

Even so, I'll ask what folks here think about the feature of tethering a Q10 (with unlimited data) to a laptop for Internet access.

Any grievances or compliments?!?

Thanks for any/all info!

. . . . . . .   Pete

It appears that postings here languish without any responses.

Even so, I'll ask what folks here think about the feature of tethering a Q10 (with unlimited data) to a laptop for Internet access.

Any grievances or compliments?!?

Thanks for any/all info!

. . . . . . .   Pete

Tethering

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 9:14:42 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Well, unfortunately tethering is not available with the unlimited data plan. With any other data plan it'll work great, I'm assuming, because it works great on my Z10, very fast LTE speeds.

d.

Well, unfortunately tethering is not available with the unlimited data plan. With any other data plan it'll work great, I'm assuming, because it works great on my Z10, very fast LTE speeds.

d.

Re: Tethering

2 of 5 (1,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 6:09:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'd Like to know HOW to Tether my Q10 to my Laptop.  What version of Communication Manager (or other software) do I need? That was the main reason I bought Q10.

Help !  Thanks, Syl

I'd Like to know HOW to Tether my Q10 to my Laptop.  What version of Communication Manager (or other software) do I need? That was the main reason I bought Q10.

Help !  Thanks, Syl

3 of 5 (954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 1:23:02 PM
(0)
Community Manager

BB Q10 doesn't use Communication Manager to connect to your laptop, instead it creates a mobile wi-fi hotspot that you can connect your laptop to just like you would connect it to any wi-fi hotspot. Hotspot feature requires a compatible data plan to work, your options are ether one of the Mobile Share plans or a standalone 5GB data plan.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

BB Q10 doesn't use Communication Manager to connect to your laptop, instead it creates a mobile wi-fi hotspot that you can connect your laptop to just like you would connect it to any wi-fi hotspot. Hotspot feature requires a compatible data plan to work, your options are ether one of the Mobile Share plans or a standalone 5GB data plan.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (933 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 8:15:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

I think that means that you just go to Settings -- Network Connections -- Internet Tethering -- On, and you're good to go.

I think that means that you just go to Settings -- Network Connections -- Internet Tethering -- On, and you're good to go.

5 of 5 (838 Views)