Terrible Customer Service, and Celluar Service Provider

Highlighted
Contributor

Terrible Customer Service, and Celluar Service Provider

I have not been happy with AT&T cellular service for some time now. I have been a customer for 2+ years. I rennewed my account, skeptically, giving them another change. I can honestly say I regret it deeply. Not only has it been draining my bank account,but there celluar service provided is terrible. I am constant having dropped calls in more that one area. I have dropped calls in lakewood, NJ, Jackson, NJ and Southampton Township, NJ. This is absolutely ridiculous. The service that is provided is subpar ESPECIALLY for over $100 per month. Your prices are far from affordable, they are astronomical. that $100 per month is for ONE celleluar device. IF you have 3 phones you will pay a 200+ bill. This provider is not worth you time nor you money. You would be much better off with another provider that takes more time to make sure there customers are happy. The contract they hold is outrageous. You are told you are not let out of it unless you pay a $250 dollar fee. This is said to cover the price of you phone that you bought at an astronomical DISCOUNTED price. No Phone should be over $200, I do not care what it does. I plan to terminate my contract and NEVER pay a dime to AT&T again. I should not have to pay 250 to get out of a contract I have been paying 100 a month for, to have terrible service. It is highly frustrated to have dropped calls, and it happens way to frequently. Att is the worst celluar provider on the market. 

Message 1 of 2 (411 Views)
Expert

Re: Terrible Customer Service, and Celluar Service Provider

[ Edited ]

MonicaAshley410 wrote:

I have not been happy with AT&T cellular service for some time now. I have been a customer for 2+ years. I rennewed my account, skeptically, giving them another change. I can honestly say I regret it deeply. Not only has it been draining my bank account,but there celluar service provided is terrible. I am constant having dropped calls in more that one area. I have dropped calls in lakewood, NJ, Jackson, NJ and Southampton Township, NJ. This is absolutely ridiculous. The service that is provided is subpar ESPECIALLY for over $100 per month. Your prices are far from affordable, they are astronomical. that $100 per month is for ONE celleluar device. IF you have 3 phones you will pay a 200+ bill. This provider is not worth you time nor you money. You would be much better off with another provider that takes more time to make sure there customers are happy. The contract they hold is outrageous. You are told you are not let out of it unless you pay a $250 dollar fee. This is said to cover the price of you phone that you bought at an astronomical DISCOUNTED price. No Phone should be over $200, I do not care what it does. I plan to terminate my contract and NEVER pay a dime to AT&T again. I should not have to pay 250 to get out of a contract I have been paying 100 a month for, to have terrible service. It is highly frustrated to have dropped calls, and it happens way to frequently. Att is the worst celluar provider on the market. 

for any 2 year contract you will find that the terms and upgrade dates are pretty much the same across the board. As far as the price of the phone, that 200 you are quoting is the subsidized price of the device, in the case of a 16GB iphone 5 the retail price of the device is 649.00.

evidently you did not read the terms of service when you signed up to reliaze you either need to complete the 2 year agreement that got you that 600.00 plus phone for under 200.00 or you pay the etf. In the case of a smart phone you it is 325.00 - (10.00 * number of completed billing cycles). Pretty much the same policy for all 2 year contract agreements across the carriers

The new t-mobile jump and ATT next programs do not have a service commitment, but you pay full retail price for the phone. In the case of t-mobiles jump you can upgrade every 6 months the catch is you have to give them back the phone if perfect working order or pay it off, with att's next it is 12 months but still have to give the phone back again in perfect working order or pay it off if you upgrade at 12 months. If you want to cancel before the 2 years is up you are required to pay off the phone on both plans

Your pricing is a little off also, have a family plan, 750 minutes, unlimited text, 1 smartphone cost before taxes and other fees is only 215.00, so you can get 3 phones for less then 200.00. When you qoute your "over 100 a month" guessing that you are running a smartphone, you can get it lower but you need to take the personal responsibliy of decing do you want the glitzy smartphone or a stock qmd device, you can definatrly get a qmd device for way less then 100.00 a month.

As far as "att is the worst cellular provider on the market" I guess 133 million subscribers and 2 J.D. Powers awards kind of shows that it is not.

Lower your phone bill, get a gophone qmd device, swap sims with the smartphone, call and drop the data package/ 45- minutes is 39.99, the unlimited texting is 20.00 for a total of 59.99 before taxes and fees. if you want to keep teh smartphone switch to a 1GB mobile shared plan, unlimited talk and text for 85.00

No matter what carrier in the top 3 you are going ot be paying close to the same prices AND if you take a 2 year subsidized phone you will have etf's

dropped calls are the nature of cellular service, the technology leaves a lot to be desired. terrain, building matieral, walking downtown in a major metropolitian area, solar flares can all cause issues with the technology, have learned when in LA, shanghai, brisbane, new york or any other major city to stop walking and finish the conversation.

Message 2 of 2 (394 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.