Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 26, 2014
5:27:42 AM
Terrible ATT service in SW Florida
What is going on with ATT cell service?  It has gone from bad (eastern Massachusetts) to worse, now that i'm near Fort Myers Florida.  I've been here 2 months and the problems are countless.  Among them:  

--Being called by someone who cannot reach me 5 calls in a row, even though my phone is On and right beside me.  According to the caller, it just rings and rings until my voicemail picks up
--Constant disconnections, signalled by 3 beeps, even when the signal is 3 dots on my iPhone 5
--People calling me and going right to my voicemail, even though i'm awaiting their call, and my phone never rings
--The signal strength in this populated neighborhood varies constantly, from no signal, to 3 or 4 dots.
--I cannot make a phone call in my own one-story house!  I must step outside to attempt calls.
--When I call up 800 numbers, to deal with banks, or Comcast, or other big companies, WHY does the call disconnect as soon as the hold period ends (sometimes after 43 minutes of hold, for example!), about 2 seconds after a customer service person finally answers..  This has happened dozens of times.   Meanwhile I've gone from an iphone 4 to an iphone 5, but NOTHING has improved as a result  
What is going on with ATT cell service?  It has gone from bad (eastern Massachusetts) to worse, now that i'm near Fort Myers Florida.  I've been here 2 months and the problems are countless.  Among them:  

--Being called by someone who cannot reach me 5 calls in a row, even though my phone is On and right beside me.  According to the caller, it just rings and rings until my voicemail picks up
--Constant disconnections, signalled by 3 beeps, even when the signal is 3 dots on my iPhone 5
--People calling me and going right to my voicemail, even though i'm awaiting their call, and my phone never rings
--The signal strength in this populated neighborhood varies constantly, from no signal, to 3 or 4 dots.
--I cannot make a phone call in my own one-story house!  I must step outside to attempt calls.
--When I call up 800 numbers, to deal with banks, or Comcast, or other big companies, WHY does the call disconnect as soon as the hold period ends (sometimes after 43 minutes of hold, for example!), about 2 seconds after a customer service person finally answers..  This has happened dozens of times.   Meanwhile I've gone from an iphone 4 to an iphone 5, but NOTHING has improved as a result  

Terrible ATT service in SW Florida

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 10:31:07 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @MaryAngerus 

When you move to a new area, it might be a good idea to reset your network setting, it'll allow your device to reconnect to the Network and get the strongest signal possible. From your phone, go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. If you continue to experience issues, I recommend getting a new SIM card, it may help with reception quality, any corporate AT&T store can give you one for free.

Are you experiencind issues in certain areas or everywhere you go? For example if your service is bad at home, there might be some things affecting it that are out of any carriers control, for home reception, AT&T offers a device called Micro Cell.

And finally, please download a free Mark the Spot app to your phone, it allows you to report any network related issues directly to AT&T.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @MaryAngerus 

When you move to a new area, it might be a good idea to reset your network setting, it'll allow your device to reconnect to the Network and get the strongest signal possible. From your phone, go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. If you continue to experience issues, I recommend getting a new SIM card, it may help with reception quality, any corporate AT&T store can give you one for free.

Are you experiencind issues in certain areas or everywhere you go? For example if your service is bad at home, there might be some things affecting it that are out of any carriers control, for home reception, AT&T offers a device called Micro Cell.

And finally, please download a free Mark the Spot app to your phone, it allows you to report any network related issues directly to AT&T.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Terrible ATT service in SW Florida

2 of 3 (750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 4:14:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

I very much appreciate your reply.  But the fact is, the reception is truly bad where I am, and while the other malfunctions happen in other localitites, they happen the most in this Fort Myers area.  I actually upgraded to an iPhone 5 ( from my 4) several weeks ago, including a brand new Sim card, and absolutely nothing improved.  I spent the last week in another area of Florida where the reception was much better, so I don't think it's the phone or the Sim card that's the problem.  ATT really needs to work on improving things here. Complaints about the service are widespread. 

I very much appreciate your reply.  But the fact is, the reception is truly bad where I am, and while the other malfunctions happen in other localitites, they happen the most in this Fort Myers area.  I actually upgraded to an iPhone 5 ( from my 4) several weeks ago, including a brand new Sim card, and absolutely nothing improved.  I spent the last week in another area of Florida where the reception was much better, so I don't think it's the phone or the Sim card that's the problem.  ATT really needs to work on improving things here. Complaints about the service are widespread. 

Re: Terrible ATT service in SW Florida

3 of 3 (647 Views)