Posted Nov 12, 2013
4:06:40 PM
View profile
Temporarily Blocking Texting

Hi. Is there a way to temporarily block texting from a specific phone? It's not an iPhone and we don't want it to impact our service or the package we have. Just may need to disable texting for a short time without any kind of penalty and be able to resume as our package states.

If you have a teenager, you will know why I'm asking :smileywink:

Thanks

Temporarily Blocking Texting

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 8:54:17 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, wolf29!

Thanks for posting.

Short of taking the phone away entirely, limiting texting for one line can be a little tricky. So here are your options:

AT&T Smart Limits: This feature is a monthly subscription that allows you to set monthly texting limits or block texts to and from a particular number (or 30). To learn more about smart limits, click on the link. 

Turn off SMS and MMS: In theory, you can go into the phone's settings and turn off SMS and MMS. The downside, is that you (or the teen in question) can just as easily get back into the settings and turn them back on. Without knowing what specific device you have, I don't know for sure that this feature is available.

If this is a smartphone, there may be other apps available that might help.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Temporarily Blocking Texting

2 of 4 (683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 12:15:52 PM
(0)

Thanks for the reply. We have a pantech renue so would smart limits work on it? That sounds like the most feasible solution if it's needed.

Thanks again

Jay

3 of 4 (673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 1:00:59 PM
(0)
Community Manager

As long as it's not a pre-paid phone, Smart Limits should work for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (667 Views)