TP-LINK TL-R470T+ v2.1 - not working with 3G Microcell

TP-LINK TL-R470T+ v2.1 - not working with 3G Microcell

Hey all,

Anyone had luck running a TL-R470T+ v2.1 TP-LINK router?  This is a dual WAN router and I have it in single WAN mode with all of the firewall settings unblocked.  I can't get my Microcell to activate behind it.  I am running the 1-2013 firmware (latest).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 32 (4,211 Views)
Highlighted

Re: TP-LINK TL-R470T+ v2.1 - not working with 3G Microcell

That's why I am out here! Looking for help!
Message 16 of 32 (3,992 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

I've never seen your kind of router reported on here before and I'm here quite often. Doesn't mean that somebody wont' stop by though. Does your router even see the MicroCell?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 32 (3,991 Views)

Yes.
Message 18 of 32 (3,980 Views)
ACE - Master

Ok. IPSec Pass-Through is enabled and ports 4500 and 500 are open? What do the lights look like on the MicroCell (power, internet, GPS, and 3G)?

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 32 (3,972 Views)

yes.  fails to authenticate.

Message 20 of 32 (3,961 Views)

power, ethernet, gps are illuminated.  5 bar light blinks for a while then turns red.

Message 21 of 32 (3,960 Views)
ACE - Master

Ok. If the 3G blinks red that usually means a hardware failure. Sometimes if AT&T pushes an update that causes the MicroCell to reset, and the reset fails, the MicroCell "thinks" its a hardware failure. A hard reset (pushing in the reset button on the back for 30 seconds) usually clears the error. If it doesn't, the MicroCell may be defective. Did you buy this new from AT&T? If you did then it should be under warranty and you can get it replaced. However, you'll have to call support and go thru a few hoops before they determine that it qualifies for a warranty replacement.

Message 22 of 32 (3,951 Views)

it's not a hardware fail.  it's working now while not connected to the TP-LINK router.

please stop trying to help.  We're getting no where.  I need someone with experience with this particular router.  I appreciate your help, however, I've gone through a lot of these troubleshooting techniques and I am looking for hardware specific suggestions, not general debug.

Message 23 of 32 (3,921 Views)
ACE - Master

Ok. Just for future reference the blinking red 3G is indicative of either a MicroCell hardware failure or an incomplete reset, which mimics a hardware failure. I wish you luck in finding someone who is using this router and a MicroCell purchased from AT&T. If you do get resolution, please report back.

Message 24 of 32 (3,907 Views)

Will do. I might be wrong on the red color. It continued to blink. It's not hard ware from what I can tell. MCell is working fine without this router.

I am having a dialogue with TPLink and they seem willing to help.

Will report back!
Message 25 of 32 (3,896 Views)
ACE - Master

That's great. Blinking green is an activation issue which can have multiple causes. Updates, AT&T server issues, up-stream provider issues, etc.

Message 26 of 32 (3,892 Views)
Contributor

Did you ever solve this problem?  Am experiencing the same.  Thanks.

Message 27 of 32 (2,786 Views)
ACE - Master

The last post was back in June so you need to tell us how you have your setup, ISP, etc.

Message 28 of 32 (2,779 Views)
Contributor

I recently purchased a TP-Link TD-W8980 and am facing the same issues.

I have set MTU to 1492, port forwaded 123,443,500 and 4500(udp and tcp) for the ucell but still not registering.  The ucell gets an ip addr and the internet and gps lights come on solid, but the bottom (bars) light just flashes and it never comes all the way up.  Next step will be to create dmz and put the ucell in that.

Message 29 of 32 (2,358 Views)
ACE - Master

It's been awhile since these issues came up with this particular router but is IPSec Passthrough enabled, Block Fragmented Packets disabled, only one device handling NAT, and ports 123 UDP, 443 TCP, 500 UDP, and 4500 UDP open (public and private)? You also may want to reset your router and the MicroCell (power cycle).

Message 30 of 32 (2,352 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.