Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Reply
Posted Oct 10, 2013
2:58:30 PM
View profile
T-Mobile to eliminate ludicrous international roaming fees. And you, AT&T?

Granted, free international roaming will be at 2G speeds, but that may be sufficient for most (pre-cache those map tiles!).  Calls will be $0.20/min rather than $1/min.  This is a huge leap in the right direction.

 

AT&T, I travel a lot, and not having to buy a SIM card would be marvelous.  Please, compel us to stick around with a similar offering!

Granted, free international roaming will be at 2G speeds, but that may be sufficient for most (pre-cache those map tiles!).  Calls will be $0.20/min rather than $1/min.  This is a huge leap in the right direction.

 

AT&T, I travel a lot, and not having to buy a SIM card would be marvelous.  Please, compel us to stick around with a similar offering!

T-Mobile to eliminate ludicrous international roaming fees. And you, AT&T?

652 views
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Reply
View all replies
(3)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 10:24:49 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor
Well T-Mobile USA will really be roaming off their European counterpart's towers since they are all owned by their parent company, Deustche Telekom. So perhaps it can be done but will be tougher to do so.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Well T-Mobile USA will really be roaming off their European counterpart's towers since they are all owned by their parent company, Deustche Telekom. So perhaps it can be done but will be tougher to do so.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: T-Mobile to eliminate ludicrous international roaming fees. And you, AT&T?

2 of 4 (596 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 9:16:06 PM
0
(0)
Master
I thought Deustche Telecom sold their T-Mobile USA subsidiary to MetroPCS.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
I thought Deustche Telecom sold their T-Mobile USA subsidiary to MetroPCS.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: T-Mobile to eliminate ludicrous international roaming fees. And you, AT&T?

3 of 4 (582 Views)
Highlighted
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 10:56:12 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor
Nope, the company is controlled 74% by DT. MetroPCS controls the remaining 26%
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Nope, the company is controlled 74% by DT. MetroPCS controls the remaining 26%
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: T-Mobile to eliminate ludicrous international roaming fees. And you, AT&T?

4 of 4 (562 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Share this post
Share this post