T-Mobile to eliminate ludicrous international roaming fees. And you, AT&T?

Visitor

T-Mobile to eliminate ludicrous international roaming fees. And you, AT&T?

Granted, free international roaming will be at 2G speeds, but that may be sufficient for most (pre-cache those map tiles!).  Calls will be $0.20/min rather than $1/min.  This is a huge leap in the right direction.

AT&T, I travel a lot, and not having to buy a SIM card would be marvelous.  Please, compel us to stick around with a similar offering!

Message 1 of 4 (707 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: T-Mobile to eliminate ludicrous international roaming fees. And you, AT&T?

Well T-Mobile USA will really be roaming off their European counterpart's towers since they are all owned by their parent company, Deustche Telekom. So perhaps it can be done but will be tougher to do so.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (651 Views)
Master

I thought Deustche Telecom sold their T-Mobile USA subsidiary to MetroPCS.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4 (637 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Nope, the company is controlled 74% by DT. MetroPCS controls the remaining 26%
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (617 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.