Switching to new iPhone causing big problems

Contributor

Switching to new iPhone causing big problems

So my lovely brother stole my upgrade which left me with an old phone that barely worked and no upgrade that I had been patiently waiting for.  My old iPhone finally died so my only option was to pay the non-upgrade price for a new phone which is a joke or find another wild solution.  My friend ended up using her upgrade for a new iPhone 5c but then received an iPhone 5s as a gift and decided to let me purchase her iPhone 5c.  The 5c has been activated (when it was my friend's) but I cannot use it because the SIM card I have currently doesn't fit the 5c (not a nano).  How can I get a new SIM card that is the correct size so I can finally have my phone and my life back?!

Message 1 of 2 (351 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Switching to new iPhone causing big problems

porta9898 wrote:

So my lovely brother stole my upgrade which left me with an old phone that barely worked and no upgrade that I had been patiently waiting for.  My old iPhone finally died so my only option was to pay the non-upgrade price for a new phone which is a joke or find another wild solution.  My friend ended up using her upgrade for a new iPhone 5c but then received an iPhone 5s as a gift and decided to let me purchase her iPhone 5c.  The 5c has been activated (when it was my friend's) but I cannot use it because the SIM card I have currently doesn't fit the 5c (not a nano).  How can I get a new SIM card that is the correct size so I can finally have my phone and my life back?!

go to a ATT corporate store and get a new sim - if your account is in good standing they will give it you for free. Make sure it is a corporate store and not a authorized retailer - they charge 25.00 for the replacement sim

Message 2 of 2 (333 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.