Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 25, 2014
3:08:33 AM
View profile
Switching phones
I'm going to give my bf my iPhone 5 cus I got the iPhone 5s. Can he use my iPhone 5 with the SIM card that's already in it or does he have to get a new one?
I'm going to give my bf my iPhone 5 cus I got the iPhone 5s. Can he use my iPhone 5 with the SIM card that's already in it or does he have to get a new one?

Switching phones

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2014 5:35:06 AM
(0)
Expert

Thuynh3 wrote:

Depends on the phone he has, the sim may need to be replaced due to size and the fact that if he is not already using a iphone some changes ned to be made to the account in regards to data plans and visual voice mail. Best bet is to go into a corproate owned store and handle it, make sure it is corporate and not a authorized retailer since the authorized retailer can charge for a sim card.

Thuynh3 wrote:

Depends on the phone he has, the sim may need to be replaced due to size and the fact that if he is not already using a iphone some changes ned to be made to the account in regards to data plans and visual voice mail. Best bet is to go into a corproate owned store and handle it, make sure it is corporate and not a authorized retailer since the authorized retailer can charge for a sim card.

Re: Switching phones

2 of 4 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2014 6:53:06 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Thuynh3 wrote:

Presuming the sim already in the iPhone 5 is your old sim, no, he can't use that sim. 

Thuynh3 wrote:

Presuming the sim already in the iPhone 5 is your old sim, no, he can't use that sim. 

3 of 4 (345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2014 7:16:45 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by dwill05 on Jan 25, 2014 at 7:17:58 AM

Thuynh3 wrote:

He needs a new SIM with his account information.  The SIM that is in your old iPhone 5 has your account info, and if you activated your 5s with the same number that was on the 5, the SIM in the 5 was deactivated.

Thuynh3 wrote:

He needs a new SIM with his account information.  The SIM that is in your old iPhone 5 has your account info, and if you activated your 5s with the same number that was on the 5, the SIM in the 5 was deactivated.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (338 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments