Switching phones

Contributor

Switching phones

I'm going to give my bf my iPhone 5 cus I got the iPhone 5s. Can he use my iPhone 5 with the SIM card that's already in it or does he have to get a new one?
Message 1 of 4 (444 Views)
Expert

Re: Switching phones

Thuynh3 wrote:
I'm going to give my bf my iPhone 5 cus I got the iPhone 5s. Can he use my iPhone 5 with the SIM card that's already in it or does he have to get a new one?

Depends on the phone he has, the sim may need to be replaced due to size and the fact that if he is not already using a iphone some changes ned to be made to the account in regards to data plans and visual voice mail. Best bet is to go into a corproate owned store and handle it, make sure it is corporate and not a authorized retailer since the authorized retailer can charge for a sim card.

Message 2 of 4 (413 Views)
ACE - Master

Thuynh3 wrote:

Presuming the sim already in the iPhone 5 is your old sim, no, he can't use that sim. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (400 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

[ Edited ]

Thuynh3 wrote:

He needs a new SIM with his account information.  The SIM that is in your old iPhone 5 has your account info, and if you activated your 5s with the same number that was on the 5, the SIM in the 5 was deactivated.

Message 4 of 4 (393 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.