Switching phones

Contributor

Switching phones

I'm going to give my bf my iPhone 5 cus I got the iPhone 5s. Can he use my iPhone 5 with the SIM card that's already in it or does he have to get a new one?
Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Switching phones

Thuynh3 wrote:
I'm going to give my bf my iPhone 5 cus I got the iPhone 5s. Can he use my iPhone 5 with the SIM card that's already in it or does he have to get a new one?

Depends on the phone he has, the sim may need to be replaced due to size and the fact that if he is not already using a iphone some changes ned to be made to the account in regards to data plans and visual voice mail. Best bet is to go into a corproate owned store and handle it, make sure it is corporate and not a authorized retailer since the authorized retailer can charge for a sim card.

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

Thuynh3 wrote:

Presuming the sim already in the iPhone 5 is your old sim, no, he can't use that sim. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

Thuynh3 wrote:

He needs a new SIM with his account information.  The SIM that is in your old iPhone 5 has your account info, and if you activated your 5s with the same number that was on the 5, the SIM in the 5 was deactivated.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support