Ask a question

Posted Jul 27, 2013
    8:59:58 PM
    View profile
    Switching phones with someone in you family plan without changing phone numbers and data plans.

If my dad get's the htc one(since his contract ends tommorrow) can he give me his htc one and I give him my iphone 5? but I want to still have the same phonenumber and data plan. I have the unlimited LTE data plan that ATT no longer offers.

Switching phones with someone in you family plan without changing phone numbers and data plans.

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 28, 2013 4:22:29 AM
    (0)
    Expert

radsherwin wrote:

If my dad get's the htc one(since his contract ends tommorrow) can he give me his htc one and I give him my iphone 5? but I want to still have the same phonenumber and data plan. I have the unlimited LTE data plan that ATT no longer offers.

You can do that, best to prevent issue is to do it at a corporate store

Re: Switching phones with someone in you family plan without changing phone numbers and data plans.

2 of 4 (651 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 28, 2013 7:14:11 AM
    (0)
    Teacher
    what if my dad had a iphone 4? and I give him the 5 it will have different sims. Will he have to pay?

Re: Switching phones with someone in you family plan without changing phone numbers and data plans.

3 of 4 (627 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 28, 2013 8:22:25 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    No. Corporate stores will give you the proper SIM so that the phones work properly.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (613 Views)