Switching Sims Deactivate Line

Switching Sims Deactivate Line

I just ordered an upgrade for my wife with is the LG optimus g pro which takes a micro sim card.  I will be taking that phone and she will be getting my iphone 5 which has a nano sd card.  My question is since I have to go to AT&T store to get a new sim card for her and I bought the new phone on Amazon and in their agreement it says you can not deactivate the line that was set up from them I was wondering if I get a new sim card for her but has the same family plan and number is that going to deactivate the line that was given by amazon or by switching sims cards through the AT&T store is should be alright.  If anyone can answer that for me I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2 (1,135 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Switching Sims Deactivate Line

No, replacing the SIM card for an existing number doesn't deactivate the line.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (1,108 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support